Sunday, March 15, 2009

What an experience!

We just had our stake youth fireside tonight, where we kicked off the youth temple celebration. I am in awe. I am overwhelmed. I am grateful. I am close to tears at any given moment of the day.(Good ones!) What an incredible opportunity we have to be a part of this. I came home to the sweetest email from a young women I have never met. SHE thanked US, and told us how excited she is to be a part of this. They don't understand, and won't for years, but it is US who need to be thanking THEM for the blessing of working around them and their incredible spirits. Once in a lifetime, that is what this opportunity is. I am so ready to get to work. The preparation time is over, we begin on Tuesday. The next few months are going to fly by way too fast, but they are going to remain with me, I am sure, for the rest of my life.

8 comments:

Wendi said...

That's great, Kim. It's all about the ol' attitude of gratitude and you've got it. :)

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I came home just as excited! I can't wait to get started, and just feel so grateful for my calling that allows me to be a part of this! I told Liz while we were there tonite that I wish I was one of the youth so that I could actually be in it! What an amazing experience we are all in for!

chercard said...

What a wonderful experience! I am so glad you get to have this opportunity!

dlkenney said...

I am excited that Jorden also gets the opportunity of being apart of this special occasion. I too wish I could be a part of such a wonderful and once in a life time occassion.

Anonymous said...

The fireside was fantastic! I hovered around a bit afterwards and was going to come tell you all what a fine job you did and how much fun this will all be but you were very popular and I finally just went home! :)

In all seriousness, you both are doing a wonderful job coordinating this all - what a huge responsibility! But, I think you are wonderful and I'm so glad to be a part of it!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

These kids are so blessed to have leaders that care so much.I am so glad that we have our wonderful Temples they mean so much to us.

Anonymous said...

You have such a love for every calling you encounter...this shows through the love you have for the Savior. That honesty comes through when you take something on and give it your all. You have a good group of people to work with...this will be a memory you'll never forget. You will probably never know what young life you will touch. I know my dance and music festivals and friendships I made along the way, made a huge impact on me and my decision to join the church. Good job sweetheart!

erin said...

Hey, this is a non-related comment, but it was great seeing you guys too! Too short, and, yes, I second the need for a longer visit (one including tropical drinks served by the hunky pool boy you mentioned)! Love ya!