Tuesday, March 10, 2009

rambling

Stinkin blogger won't let me upload photos, and I have some doozies...so you are just going to have to deal with my ramblings for now until I figure out what the "internal error" is that is preventing all of you from seeing my 7 year old in zebra stripes. Compelling stuff, I know!
SO just to clear the air (Kristin!!!!) Stress diarrhea is figurative, not LITERAL! A favorite expression of my fave mission comp Cheryl and myself during a certain summer in "we call it Catty". We had a few stressful moments, mainly by elders who chose to play practical jokes on us...often. I forget that the world might not get that there is not Literally stress diarrhea happening...but enough of bodily function talk! Also, no, there is nothing happening on the adoption front other than our yearly home visit. We decided to keep the paperwork active for one more year, but then we are done. I am both happy and sad about that. It varies hourly.
My sweet sis-in-law had her baby yesterday. I got to be there with her for the whole thing, including the amnio done at the Dr. office beforehand. Boy, did that bring back nasty memories of pain! She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and we are so excited for her and my brother!
Dan and I were asked in January to be the stake event coordinators for the temple youth celebration. We are combined with 23 other stakes for this incredible event. It has been so fun to see it happen from the ground up, and to be a part of that. We have our big kickoff fireside this Sunday for all of the youth in the stake, and I am READY to get this thing going! I had 3 meetings for this event in a row on Sunday after speaking in our Sacrament and then going to another ward conference, so I was pretty wasted by Sunday night.
See, I told you that you'd be better off seeing a 7 year old in zebra stripes than to hear me ramble!!!

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

They couldn't have picked better people to organize the temple celebration! Thanks for asking me to help out! Glad you made it through your tough week, and just so you feel better, my childhood filling is not only old, it actually fell apart! So even though technically, you really are older than me =), I apparently will fall apart before you! What are friends for if not to make you feel better about yourself!

Cardalls said...

Wow girl you are busy! But amazing and capable of handling it. HOpe the stress diarrhea will subside for you. At least you don't have crazy Elders putting ex-lax in your brownie! :)

Cardalls said...

Oh and we speak this sunday...so any tips. And seriously please lets get together sometime soon!

eran said...

Have you thought about Foster Kids? While its not adoption you can still have a positive effect on a child. It also pays tax free. Just a thought as I have a foster kid and its been rewarding.

kristin said...

Imagine my surprise to see my name in parenthesis and with explanation points. My immediate thought was, "Oh crap. What did I say this time! LOL! This information is good to know, as I was literally thinking this happened to people. The human body is fairly complex, so I wouldn't be surprised if you googled stress diarrhea and something actually came up. Glad to hear your bowels are generally intact. Love ya, and good luck with the temple youth celebration! I am envious you get to be a part of it.

Sweet Pea and James said...

Kim, thanks for all of your hard work with the temple celebration...I really appreciate all that you do. You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

They knew what they were doing when they picked you! You have a knack Kim, you always have. There's reasons for everything...be careful...you might end up in Salt Lake :)

Thanks for being there with Brie. She appreciated it and so did Jay. The family's growing! I LOVE IT!!!

erin said...

Wow, Mrs. IN-CHARGE. What fun those kids will have with you and Dan heading things up! PS- I tried not to think about you with diarrhea (figurative or otherwise). We're friends, but really.....

Wendi said...

Yeah, it all started with Sister Boyack, the Sisters Leader on the mish. You're a born leader, I do believe! And I'm speaking on missionary work this Sunday too. Never fear, I have my 12 minute talk ready. Thanks for rambling. I actually really enjoyed this post. :)