This week is pushing me out of my comfort zone. I'm trying to look at it as "what can I learn from this" but come on! I had to (oops!was blessed with the opportunity to) act in a camp skit for the girls camp kick off. The audience was dressed normal. We were not. 'nuf said! I get to speak in church Sunday. 'nuf said. I had to go to the dentist today. I have to go back next week for him to fix one of my childhood fillings that is getting old. Nice. Even my fillings are old. I am trying to get our house together for a home visit from our case worker next week for adoption, and it seems to be getting messier instead of cleaner. Seriously, if we are never home, who is coming in and messing up my house? That is a question I would love an answer to! Although yesterday, I got cheap labor out of Crazygirl and Dramaqueen. They cleaned the mudroom and downstairs bathroom for a dollar each...wahoo! (just doing my part to create jobs to stimulate the economy...it has NOTHING to do with my own personal disdain for cleaning either the mudroom OR the bathroom!)
And okay, I really do love how clean my teeth are after seeing my dentist, and he is a really fun guy. He is one of the dads at our dance studio, so we have done Disneyland together. How can you not like your dentist after doing the Happiest Place on Earth together?
And okay, the skit was REALLY Fun, even though I refuse to watch the video because then I would never do it again, but at least in my mind, we were girl's camp funny!And my talk, well, as always, it has really brought me back to what is really important in my life, and made me want to be a better person, so I guess that is worth all of the stress diarrhea and anxiety
Maybe it hasn't been that bad of a week after all!
13 comments:
The skit was great! You'd never know that you were nervous! It was a perfect way to kick off camp, and I do think you should watch it. :)
Ooooo, can't wait for Sunday now! I'm sure I'll learn something fabulous from you! Sorry it's been a crazy crazy week. I hate those!
I need to have a more "Kim-like" attitude. You are my hero!
You would be great in the skit! You are amazing!
I liked the part about even your fillings being old. :) Best of luck with your talk and the case worker.
Nervous diarrhea is the worst!! Anxiety is going to be the death of me!
oh and stress diarrhea...you know I know about that...I think we coined the phrase!
I know you don't want to watch the video of the skit, but maybe now that everyone knows there is a video in existence I should post it- just for informational purposes. Anyone??
You'll be fine grasshopper! You always pull through and stress is your friend...it's amazing how it gets things done. Think of it as "forced" spring cleaning. Just don't get going in so many directions that you lose sight of what you really need to be doing.
Amanda...I know where you live and I have a year's supply of toilet paper...just sayin'
I hope the adoption goes well. I'm sure your caseworker is going to love you guys!!
Stress diarhea? EEWW. I don't think I've had that, but I certainly know what it feels like to be up in front of everyone. How I dislike that!
Good luck!
The last time you spoke at church we spoke together I still owe you and I have not forgot that I said I would bake you cookies all I can say is they will be worth the long wait.You are a very good speaker and I will listen to every word you say!!
Hey is this new news on the adoption front, or just keep things in order type visit? PS- we're coming next week. Want to see ya! Are you way too busy to squeeze us in?
Post a Comment