Friday afternoon, Crazygirl went to the temple for the first time to do baptisms. She has been looking forward to this since Dancingqueen turned 12, and was so excited to finally be able to go. It was so nice to have her big sis and a couple friends there with her to show her the ropes! It was so incredible as parents to be in the temple with 2 of our 4 girls, and I so look forward to the day that we are all able to be there together! I love that our girls have the desire to go, and that they have good friends who want to be there just as much as they do!
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Jordan River Temple
Friday afternoon, Crazygirl went to the temple for the first time to do baptisms. She has been looking forward to this since Dancingqueen turned 12, and was so excited to finally be able to go. It was so nice to have her big sis and a couple friends there with her to show her the ropes! It was so incredible as parents to be in the temple with 2 of our 4 girls, and I so look forward to the day that we are all able to be there together! I love that our girls have the desire to go, and that they have good friends who want to be there just as much as they do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
what a milestone, I am so proud of you Crazygirl!
I know exactly how you feel. A mother's greatest joy is being in the temple with her children. Hopefully some day soon...that will happen to me. I'm proud of both granddaughters for wanting to be there.
That is great I will have to get more names ready for the girls to do.I am glad they both want to do the Temple work.
What a great tradition you guys have established! You two are amazing parents!
I remember being that age and doing the baptisms....it was so special. I could only go once a year though, cause that was how often our branch went on their temple trip...hey it took 8 hours to get there...5 when the Frankfurt Germany temple was dedicated. I also have LOTS of family names they can do if they want!
Crying....so nice Kim. Do you just call and make an appointment? Do you have to take your own names? I was just mentioning to Grant that I thought we should take Jack. There are so many stakes here, our YM/YW only get to go once a year as a ward. How often do you go? So many questions!
Sooo cute! I love that they are excited to serve. I love going to the temple, too! I'm glad it was a great experience.
Erin, we are really lucky here to go whenever they want. In CA it was once a year! We just show up, and get in line!!!! They have an early out day, and like to go after school on those days at least once a month. And Camilla, they would LOVE to do your family names!! Crazygirl was just asking if we had any family we could do, and Dancingqueen is starting one of her value projects on family history so she can take some names all the way through from finding them to the temple. She loved doing her great grandma in the Salt Lake temple last summer, and wants to do more.
Thanks for taking them! It was fun and I'm glad they enjoy it! Next time I'll have to tag along.
I just enlarged the picture and DancingQueen is SO here Daddy's girl. It's the female version of Dan...of course a much prettier one!
I love the fact that she got to go with her big sis! I cannot wait for my girls to go to the temple too! just 3 yrs for one and about 7 1/2 years for the other :D...awesome memories
Im bad with numbers lately...7 1/2 yrs for Meli and 12 yrs for Maddie lol
What a neat family activity for you two and your older girls. They will have great memories of these times. I want to follow your example with my kids. :)
Your girls are so great! It was fun to see them there--I was there with Justin and Brett. I can't believe our 2nd kids are already that old! We'll have to get the whole bunch together to go next month!
Looks like a ball. Love doing baptisms.
Post a Comment