Monday, September 29, 2008

Dramaqueen LOVES to sing. Her specialty is Opera. Too bad she doesn't know any operatic pieces. She makes do with currently popular pop hits, turned into Opera. Even that isn't quite right, because she doesn't exactly know all of the words to those songs either, so she just kind of makes it up as she goes along. My current favorite? "Shot through the heart, and you're too lame..." I think that is really how it was meant to be written.

Side note...if you are the middle aged man in the suit singing at the stoplight in your car and car dancing to "When I grow up" by Pussycat Dolls STOP . I can see you. As can the rest of the people at the intersection.

7 comments:

Cardalls said...

My favorite kid lyrics come from my nice to a Kenny Chesney song..." No one can make me laugh make me cry, drive me wild and(i forgot this phrase..) LIKE A CHEETAH." (supposed to be, "like she does.")

Cardalls said...

from my niece i meant to say

Anonymous said...

I remember,up until a few years ago, thinking a song lyric was "Mr. Spaceman" only to find it was "Mr. Baseman". (I like it better my way). There is also a woman who was in front of me singing to the top of her lungs and bouncing around in the car having a great time. She caught my "what are you doing lady" look in her rear view mirror, laughed and motioned me to join her. At least she was happy! We all go to our "special places" once in awhile. Hang in there Dramaqueen.

Dogmom Diva said...

are you kidding me..yes that man had to stop..i find myself doing that now and then, but then i figure at my age who cares..

my favorite sing to song right now is All Summer Long by Kid Rock...very catchy..reminds me of Lynrd Skynrd..i am rambling..love u

kristin said...

I am so laughing! As I often do when I read your blog!!
I always wonder if people look at me when I sing in the car too cause I make fun of other people and I know that SOMEtime SOMEone is making fun of me. And because I know this, I always angle my car at the stoplight so that I am obstructed from their view. Or if that doesn't work, I just barely mouth the words. I should just not sing, but I can't help it!

The Tucketts said...

I will let Adam know he needs to stop...

Dramaqueen's words to songs are probably better than the real ones! Rock on, little opera singer!

erin said...

We love Sam's version of Rock the Casbah (sung as, "pop the gas pop"). Juice Box Hero (by Foreigner) is also a favorite around these parts. Hey, everyone needs a hero!