Saturday, October 4, 2008

City of Brotherly Love

I am soooooo excited! During Saturday Morning Conference, President Monson Announced 5 new temples. One of them is going to be in Philadelphia, which is where Dan and I served our missions! I yelled, then the tears started, and I could not get them to stop. My girls weren't quite sure what to make of mom crying over something so happy. Everytime I think about it I still get teary eyed. I just can't stop thinking about the wonderful people I loved back there. They were so happy just to get a branch building..seriously, we were meeting in school classrooms for church in some areas. ( here's a woot woot shout out to Milford, DE!!!!)

I loved my mission for so many reasons! The people there are amazing. It was so beautiful. It was the first time in my life I wasn't thinking about myself. I made some of the greatest friends I will ever have. Even if I never see them again in this lifetime, they will always be so dear to my heart. For a full year, I kept running into, or hearing about this amazing missionary who loved the people with a depth I have seen few be capable of, then ended up coming home and MARRYING him! (Seriously, I would go into homes, and people would say "oh, there was this missionary once who....(fill in the blank) we LOVED him, do you know who or where he is?" It would ALWAYS be Elder Foster they were talking about. Kind of got annoying after awhile...haha J/K
Most importantly, I gained such an amazing testimony while serving my mission, it changed the course of my entire life.
AND....Cheryl and I got to be MORLEY'S ANGELS. That just doesn't happen anywhere other than Philly, people!

So, Dan and I decided that we are taking the girls back for the open house and hopefully the dedication. We have always wanted to take them back, and the timing was never right. We are so excited! We are going to try and find anyone else we served with who wants to meet us there with their own totally righteous posterity. We can have a fun vacation reunion!

7 comments:

Cardalls said...

You go Morley's Angel! I am so happy and excited too, my kids are also thinking i'm a little crazy with all the tears. I think that Dan was the Man on the mission...hey he had to put up with Elder P as a comp and Sis. F in his district...but me...I was and angel to deal with! :) HE is the lucky one! Oh and nice title of your blog post! :)

Kimmy said...

I know...great minds think alike!!!

The Incredible Bulks said...

Oh that will be so much fun for you and your family!

kristin said...

How awesome!! I gasped when he announced the temple to be built in Rome. Rome for pete's sake! The place where the Vatican is. Wow is all I can say.
I hope that the temple will be built soon in Philly so that you guys don't have to wait too long to go.
Yeah or you!

Foster Family said...

We thought of you when we heard that one in conference! Somehow I knew you must have been in your family room watching and leaking from your eyeballs. :) (I sure would have been) Yahoo for Philly!

Anonymous said...

I learn more about you each time I visit this blog!! I think you guys are awesome and feel so blessed to have met you!! :0)

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Great about the Temple in Philadelphia. My father served a mission there when it was the Eastern States Mission he would have been so happy. I am glad that you all want to go back.what a great trip that will be.