Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pee your pants scary







Monday night we went with two of our favorite families to the "This is the Place" haunted village. Holy freaking cow. First of all, we were "advised" not to bring anyone under the age of twelve. THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT. Luckily we followed that advice and left two of the girls with AMber. (Thanks Amber!!!) When we got there, the man at the entrance asked if any of us had to go to the bathroom. Odd. Usually strangers don't inquire about personal business. He said every night they had at least one person pee their pants. That was all it took. We bolted for the bathroom, then got into line. Crazygirl and her bud were freaked just in the hour wait in the barn. They showed scary movie type images on a big projector screen inside while we waited.
All I can say about the experience is that if you are ever in Salt Lake during October you have to make this one of your things to do. We had grown men, who will remain nameless, running and screaming like little girls. Out of the three couples, we have found out that we are ALL a bunch of wussies, and proud of it! The scariest part of it is that it is realistic! It's not hack 'em up chainsaw guy with a Santa Suit. It is pioneerish scary ghosts following you as you have to go through their actual houses that they lived in. You can't turn back, because they are right on your heels the entire way. Hence the running and screaming like little girls. SPOOKY!!!!

7 comments:

erin said...

Way fun. I'm missing our annual fall trip to UT when we used to accompany Grant and play for Fall break while he slaved the day away working! Looks way too scary for me. Too many bladder control issues- now that's scary.

Bethany said...

I want to go now! Sounds fun to me! Las vegas is awful when it comes to haunted houses, I love Utah for that one feature!

Amanda said...

Who are you calling a wussie?? Ha Ha, I'm the one who raised my hand when he asked who was going to pee their pants! Thank goodness that didn't happen! Thanks for the fun time, you are one of our favorite families, too!!!

dlkenney said...

Sounds like a blast, I love haunted houses. I haven't tried that one yet. My favorite one so far is in American Fork the Haunted Forest. Happy Halloween

Anonymous said...

COOL! Can't get your dad to go to places like that. Glad that someone in this family has
"-----", (did I say that?). Mom

Dogmom Diva said...

See Above..I can't believe your mom said that, lol! Sounds like a lot of fun..now Uncle Carl loves that stuff, I get so scared I pee my pants, even if I know I am going to get spooked, I still pee!

Cardalls said...

So funny! I would have paid money to see Dan running and screaming like a little girl!! I had a dream about Val last night that she was PG with number 8 and they were going for a dozen....we'll have to find out how true that is! :)