Thursday, October 1, 2009

Love this time of year!

I love this time of year! I love that it doesn't end until January...just one long season of decorating and parties and yummy food and love. Fall is my favorite! It's never long enough, and this year especially, it feels short, seeing as it was a high of 90 on Tues and 45 degrees yesterday and we had snow falling in our yard...yuck! TOO SOON!!!! Luckily today it is sunny, but the damage is done, we don't have that first snowfall to look forward to after a nice long season of beautiful leaves, fall colors and crisp weather. It's already happened and it was slushy cold and yucky, not beautiful and looked forward to. Maybe we can all just agree to pretend that it didn't happen, and keep winter around the corner...where it belongs.

5 comments:

erin said...

I love this post. Fall is my absolute favorite season (and the one I miss the most living here in AZ- just not the same). I agree. It's those crisp mornings, the faint smell of woodsmoke, those turning leaves that signal the beginning of the all the holidays I love most too! Yes, just pretend it never happened and get out those spooky decorations.

Wendi said...

Yeah, Utah weather is CrAzY! My favorite days are the ones with blue sky, cool breeze, and sunshine that comes in the fall and spring--when the weather cooperates! :)

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

No winter this year it is not good for missions.I vote that we have sun every day!!

Glenna & Kevin said...

Washington has become quite cold, and wet...we had temps of 80's and all of a sudden, I was turning the heater on, wearing sweats, and seeing my breath outside...I love fall too, I love looking out the window and seeing the beautiful fall colors of orange, red, yellows etc. I love looking at Mt. Rainier and seeing the snow capped mountain top. Fall and Winter are my favorites, I am just hoping that we don't have a Winter like we did in 2006!!! Go read my blog and you will see what I am talking about!!!

the nayz said...

I am with you on pretending the snow didn't happen. I will not admit to it-ever!!!!