Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm going to be an author

well, SORT OF.
Thanks to my 12 year old daughter, I am going to attempt to write a 50,000 word novel in 1(one) month. That would be over 1100 words a day. It's for nanowrimo, national novel writing month. I have always wanted to write a book. I remember in 8th grade writing a short story that I passed around to all of my friends, who cried tears of joy as they read it, it was so good...at least that's how I remember it in my mind. The beauty of this, is that I can fulfill my lifelong dream, and it doesn't even have to be good. No one has to read it, it's purely to say that I did it. Check that off my bucket list! Of course, if you, like my friends from so long ago at Placer Elementary also would like to experience tears of joy, reading perfect fictional prose, unedited,with way too many commas, run on sentences and exclamation points, come see me...I just may be able to be of assistance to you!
BY THE WAY
Now would be a good time to look in your heart and see if you have been nice to me, because I have about one day to come up with a plot and CHARACTERS..purely fictional of course Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Of course, this would be in your spare time....right? You've always been good with words and humor...you'll have no problems. Who knows...you might even publish something. Opportunities are always here, we just have to decide what to do with them. I loved doing papers and writing essays in college. GO FOR IT! Love, Mom

Wendi said...

My son would be proud of you. He enjoys writing too. :)

dlkenney said...

Good Luck and have fun. I would love to proof read if you need any volunteers.

Cardalls said...

Would love to read it...as long as I am one of your main characters and it's all flattering and wonderful!! LOL!

Amanda said...

I want to be the villan!

erin said...

Awesome! Put me on the "wait list" for that one!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

I think it will be a best seller!!We all love reading your blog I think you are really a good writer already.

Glenna & Kevin said...

Just remember us little people when you become famous!!!

Dogmom Diva said...

Don't forget a chapter on your Auntie? I have stories girl...and I would love to help you proofread..