Friday, September 25, 2009

Grandparents day

Bug's 2nd grade did a grandparent's day a few weeks ago. Bug was thrilled that she got to have both Nana and Grandma there! Amanda and I are the room moms, so I got to be there to take some pictures. They sang, listened to stories, did some dancing, crafts and BINGO. They also got to eat lunch with the kids. It was really fun to see the interaction of the kids and their grandparents!

Bug and her class sang songs for the grandparents. Kind of sounded like mo-tab...the early years.

Just in case you were wondering, it doesn't matter what decade you went to school in, or what state, the school gravy always has been and forever will be GREEN.

9 comments:

Wendi said...

Wow! BOTH grandmas--lucky girl! Yeah, why does school lunch always seem to look like that?!

Cardalls said...

My kids LOVE hot lunch...it always smells the same too.

SCHMIDTHAPPENS!!! said...

Look who's coming into the 21st century! ( I heard about your little chat. hee hee). And about the lunch, even Mary said "ew, what's that!?"

Dogmom Diva said...

Kim, school lunch looks like it did 50 years ago..lol

I gave you a blog award, you can see it at my blog
http://dogmomdiva.blogspot.com/

love you
Auntie

Rebecca said...

Looks like fun! Too bad none of my kids ever had a teacher that did Grandparents day. My mom would have loved it! Lovin' the school lunch, by the way! Didn't you think to sneak in McD's or Cafe Rio? Seriously, Kim, I am a little disappointed...

Amanda said...

Hey- I offered to bring McD's to them with the rest of us. She wouldn't have it. Authentic all the way!

Kimmy said...

Do none of you see the box of McD's fries in the corner????!!!!!

Amanda said...

You're right! I wasn't looking past all the yuck far enough. Hey- we could make a life lesson out of that pic! "Don't dwell on the yuck in life- look past it and you will find the golden french fry hiding in the corner!" Quick, send it to MormonAd for next months New Era!

Dogmom Diva said...

Yup, never got past the yuck food to see the fries, lol!