Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Stayin Alive
What happened to Feb? I still had a stray Christmas Decoration up (oops!) and took down the Valentine's decorations about 2 weeks after Valentine's day. Time is going way too fast, I'd blame it on the Chilean earthquake that rocked the Earth off it's axis and changed time as we know it, but that just happened last week. Hmmm...I'd say that everything is same ol', same ol' here, but everyone who knows us knows that life is never boring around my crazy kids! So, I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why I haven't posted anything in a while. I think it's because I knew that if I started, I wouldn't know where to stop. We've had a crazy, wild, fun, normal month! For Valentine's weekend we took the girls to the exciting metropolis of Layton and stayed at a great hotel for 3 days. Complete with full breakfast and indoor pool. That is all we really need in life... Time together as a family with nothing to interrupt our stuffing ourselves then floating around lazily in a heated pool. really, that's about all we did! The girls are busy getting ready for competition season for dance, and Dramaqueen is getting ready for her play. This is our busiest time of year, and I love it! It is also ward conferences, so Dan and I haven't been to our home ward in a while, while we go around with the stake to visit the other wards. I think my girls think that they really are part of the Hamblin family now! And I think that the new people in the ward think that Amanda is a crazy single mom with 8 kids. Maybe I won't tell her when conferences are over, and we can be the cute couple sitting in the back with no kids making out during sacrament. (seriously...it's happened in our ward, how about yours?) No, that wouldn't work, seeing as her husband is Bishop and would be able to see us from the stand. Plan B....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Seriously Kim? people make out during sacrament meeting?!? I can't tell if you're kidding or not:) If you're not, those people are WAY TACKY. And I thought texting in church was lame. I think they just trumped that!
Oh the making out couple..we have one in our ward and they have THREE kids....okay they don't make out but nibble on ears occasionally and are far too affectionate for church. It's always interesting to sit behind them...makes us gag a little.
Maybe Grant should sit behind the make-out couple. He has been known (in our younger years) to bring a 5 pound bag of M&M's (for the YM- of course?!) to Sacrament and chow down during the meeting. Do you know what it sounds like when you start pouring M&M's from a 5 lb. bag?! I finally had to draw the line one Sunday when he whipped out the 5' licorice rope and started eating it! Seriously! I was afraid the next week we'd end up with a bucket of popcorn and a Big Gulp!
Post a Comment