Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sun!

Travis, Amanda, Dan and I flew to Az for a quick weekend of baseball and sun. Spring Training is the best excuse to get out of the snow and enjoy the sun!
We went to see the Giants (our team) play the Rockies (Hamblin's team...when the Yankees aren't playing) See this guy?... he was having fun... and his grin reminds me of my bro Rob!
This picture is for the girls.... YOU. ARE. WELCOME.



We stayed at JW Marriott Resort and spa. It was HUGE and incredibly nice. There were about 5 different pools, a lazy river, waterslide, hot tubs etc. Oh yeah, and golf. Only the guys did that. We had important pool time to do.



For dinner the first night we went to Dave and Busters. Good food, and the upstairs is like a Chuck E Cheese for adults. Totally crazy. I had a major headache after from too much fun though!



Chillaxing by the firepit before we all met up with Erin and Grant for dinner. Yummm Mexican food, and a night we will NEVER forget!



Lazy River...need I say more? okay, I will. It was HEATED. It was like floating in your bathtub, only longer. It was AMAZING.





Johnathan, our cabana boy. He kept us supplied in Strawberry smoothies and Chips & salsa as we worked on our awesome sunburns. He totally made the Christmas card list this year.





What an awesome weekend, wish reality didn't have to come knocking on the door so soon...





10 comments:

kristin said...

Kim, you are so hilarious!!! Looks like an awesome spa and your cute pedicure proves it! That Arizona weather is looking a lot like our California weather:) LOOOOVE IT!

Camilla said...

Haha! I love the picture for the ladies...mmmm.. Looks like you had an awesome time, just slightly jealous...

Sarah said...

Sooooo jealous. I want that lazy river in my backyard.

dlkenney said...

Looks lovely, I can feel the sun on my back just reading this post... come on summer

Kellie said...

I am so jealous! That looks so relaxing! I can't wait for it to warm up here so I can enjoy some sun.

erin said...

HaHaHa! Love it! Glad we got to see you guys. You guys are going to have to come up with something really great to make our next UT trip as "memorable" as we made this one for your entire family! ;) PS- Does Jonathan deliver valley-wide? I could use some chips and gauc right now!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like soooo much fun! Way better than La Quinta with the kids all week, even if we were in sunny St. George!! Glad you guys had fun. It's so nice to have good friends you can make awesome memories with. Makes traveling even more fun!

Cardalls said...

looks like so much fun and so relaxing!

Wendi said...

Wow! You sure do know how to relax and have a good time. Your commentary makes me laugh. :)

Glenna & Kevin said...

Hey, the Seattle Mariners have spring training in Arizona...lucky you, escaping for some sun...it is cloudy and wet in Washington...but we love it!!!