Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm old

Just got home from High School orientation and registration. Weird. First, I am still not used to them not going to high school until 10th grade. Starting as a sophomore seems like they are being cheated out of a year, but whatev...
The weirdest part was sitting in the little pep rally in the auditorium and realizing with complete horror that this was for my CHILD.... not ME. I still remember most of high school quite vividly (except of course the parts I've chosen to forget) and the thought of that much time passing...wow!
I am really excited for her, she looked like she was in her element tonight as she was talking with her friends, and saying hi to older friends who were there helping out. It's going to be so fun moving into this segment of life...can't wait!!!!!

9 comments:

Kellie said...

Time does go by so fast. I can't believe that she is old enough to be in high school! She will love it.

dlkenney said...

What an exciting new phase in all of your lives... I loved high school and also remember many of the fun activities that came with being in high school. Are we really old enough to have children living these experiences now?

eran said...

I remember it vividly as well. The thrill of the first assembly at DO. It wasn't that long ago just a little more than a quarter of a century.

Kimmy said...

thanks Eran for throwing in the quarter century comment!You were right there with me all the way!!!!

erin said...

This is the part where we tell you that you do not look old enough to have a high school, really. It's true. What a fun phase of your life. My mom has always said the teenage phase was her favorite, especially when you have kids making good choices. Have fun!

DebLawson said...

Yeah, this is a very exciting time of life! She will love high school and will totally thrive! She's such a good girl, will be involved with dance and other clubs... she's gonna love it and so will you.
WARNING***** From the time she begins 10th grade to when she graduates from high school will be quicker than a blink of an eye.****** Not even kidding!!!
Enjoy it, little Momma! you'll be sending off your oldest to college before you know it! waaaaaaaaa!!!!

Glenna & Kevin said...

I work in the high school where we live, and where Keevin attends. High school is so different then when you and I where in high school!!! Keevin is a sophmore, he loves it...he joined the wrestling team, has fun times going to school football games, and other things that go on!!! We are not that old, we are only as old as we think!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember you kids in high school and how fast that went because of all your activities...now you're sending my granddaughter!!!...I'm REALLY feeling old now!

Cardalls said...

oh i have great high school memories! i might think the pep rally was for me too. does that mean you have to sit and be a mature adult or can you get up and be crazy like the teenagers and yell and scream??