Crazygirl has had some pain in her knee since January. It keeps getting worse, so we took her to the dr. He said it was runner's knee, and told us to keep her on 1600 mg of Advil every day and to ice it. That didn't feel right, so we took her to a sports medicine Ortho specialist. He said it is NOT runner's knee. He did x-rays and an MRI. We got the results from the MRI back today, he called and had us come down to the office, even though he had a full day. He tried to drain some of the fluid off of her knee to relieve some pressure, but wasn't really able to get much. (painful by the way...I thought she was going to scrape the paint off of his wall as she clawed at it with one hand, squeezed mine with the other and screamed. And that was for the numbing shot under the kneecap.) The MRI had an unidentifiable mass in her bone, near or in the marrow, so we have a bone scan tomorrow and did a bunch of lab work today. She is in an immobilizing cast right now, to see if it helps with the pain.
I will update as we hear. I know usually our blog is pretty lighthearted, but just not feeling that tonight. Maybe tomorrow, when the tests are done...
7 comments:
Poor Crazygirl. Hope the pain subsides soon and that the test results aren't serious. Has she had a blessing?
So sorry to hear!!! We will most definitely have you all in our prayers at this time. I'm so sorry she has to endure painful tests, that is the pits, no matter who you are. I'll be thinking about you today and hoping for the best. Give cute Crazygirl a big hug for me. We love you guys.
Wendi, She did have a blessing last night from her dad and our Bishop.
Prayers for sure!
Prayers work miracles...your entire family is in our prayers! Keep us updated please!
I ditto Cheryl's comment. And I'm thankful to hear she's had a blessing. Good call. :)
Oh wow Kim. Sorry to hear that. I really hope it's nothing serious. She's brave though to still take that shot even though it sounds like it was horrendous. Hopefully you'll get some answers- I think there's nothing worse than the doctor's saying that they don't know. I'd rather be able to move on with a prognosis than to be in limbo just wondering. I hope the best for you guys and she will be in my prayers as well. Hugs and kisses!
Post a Comment