Before getting baptized, Bug had her interview with our Bishop, who luckily (or unluckily for him) is a very good friend of ours. Bug came straight from gymnastics, and went to change into her dress in the bathroom while I ran into his office to tell him we were there. Next thing I know, she is standing behind me in his office. She turns, and wants me to button up her dress, which is undone all the way to her skivvy's. Nothing like using the Bishop's office as your own personal dressing room! For a few weeks before the interview I would ask her a random question to see just how much she really knew. It surprised me at the depth of her knowledge, and I am grateful that in between bickering with sisters, they are actually getting something out of FHE, and that she has such great primary teachers! About the 3rd question in, she turns to me and said accusingly "we didn't practice this question!". Bishop was laughing pretty hard at this point...I told him " oh come on, you know we all practice before coming to see you!"
After the baptism, we had a get together for lunch at our house. After about an hour, the girls were all playing dress up. Bug came running downstairs and announced to everyone
"Look, I'm wearing my Holy Ghost dress!"
Maybe we need to work some more on those concepts...
7 comments:
Hilarious! That definitely needed to be recorded for posterity. What a cutie. Congrats on her baptism!
She is hilarious! I love it...I'm sure the bishop won't ever forget her interview!
And this is what it's all about! Now she can't deny saying anything...you have to love the blog!
I especially love the part about everyone practicing for their interviews with the Bishop. She sounds like a lot of fun. :)
Love that girl! Thanks for the smile this morning!
Hilarious! Don't kids do and say the darndest things? Great memories!
BUG IS SO CUTE I LOVE HOW SHE SAID that that is one of the many things that i love about her.
Love crazygirl
Post a Comment