Wednesday, February 3, 2010

mid winter blah

I've been in a literary stump the last little while...nothing seems exciting enough to post about, or I don't have the energy to do it. I think it's the official mid-winter blahs. I need a tropical vacation stat.
I am excited about creating a book out of our blog, it's my form of family journalling, and it will be fun to hold it in our hands as we go down memory lane of the last few years. It should be here in a couple of weeks...yeah!!!!!

Today at work, I heard a little one crying from the bathrooms around the corner. She was sobbing and saying "help me, I'm scared".
Of course I bolted out of my little study office, and found a cute little 1st grader sitting on the floor, up against the far bathroom wall, knees up to her chin with her arms wrapped around her legs, rocking back and forth and crying. She explained that her friend had left her and she was scared that she couldn't find her way back to class. As I was walking her back to class, she turned to me and said with a still crying voice, "if you think I'm crying because my mom left today to go visit her cousin in Washington, I'm not, I'm really crying because my friend left and I was lost"

That tropical vacation I mentioned? make it for a family of 6..there's no way I'm leaving my kids home now!

6 comments:

Wendi said...

Yeah, I'm only surviving this winter by reading lots of good books from the library. :) And I'm glad you were there to "rescue" that little girl. :)

Anonymous said...

Poor little thing! They try to be so brave! Glad you found her. Must admit...it's been a mild winter. I can't wait to get home! Think MAY!!!

dlkenney said...

After this past week with temps in the high 40's, it has made me want spring and warmer weather also. If you find an awesome tropical vacation can you squeeze 5 more in your bags?

Cardalls said...

Vegas is great this time of year...just sayin. We're not tropical or anything but it's short sleeve weather.

Amanda said...

I can identify with the winter funk- I'm right in the middle of it myself! Where is the sunshine??

erin said...

Weather's beautiful here. No hurricanes. Come see us. ALSO, tell me about your blog book. Who did you use? I was just telling Grant TODAY that I want one, but don't know who to use and how to format it. You'll have to tell me how yours turns out!