Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dear Santa

I have been a really good girl this year, only a few snarky moments, but none that I deserve COAL over. Here is my wish list in no particular order. (although if you want to pay close attention to the ones with the asterick by them, that would be sweet.
1. a case of toilet paper. Do you think I jest? only those with no children think of this as an absurd wish. We have gone through our year's supply faster than I can replenish it.

2. Makeup that is mine and only mine. Somehow my daughters have taken over my bathroom, my makeup and a certain oldest child has taken over my shoes. But only my cute trendy ones, leaving me to wear only the ugly dependable ones. Somehow though, it's still not worth getting up earlier in the morning for, since she leaves for school MUCH earlier than I do. But I digress. My makeup, my favorite colors of lipstick that are suddenly GONE, are only to be found months later in someones backpack or locker.

3.* The opportunity to go to the bathroom without being urgently needed elsewhere. Not that I take all that long in the bathroom. Really I don't. I grew up in a house of six kids and one bathroom that we were allowed to use. Mom and dad's bathroom was basically off limits. Now that I have kids I know why. So seriously, I don't need all that long.

4. Silverware and cups that don't wander off. We started our marriage with beautiful matching sets of glassware, stemware and silverware that all matched. Now we have mismatched plastic from various restaurants, 3 forks and a handful of spoons. None of which match. Seriously, where is my silverware? Is there a cup in the house that isn't made from plastic?

5. *My own cell phone. I know it APPEARS that I have my own, but my address book is full of numbers from people under 5' tall. I am constantly getting texts and calls that are not for me, but are for one of my darling daughters. (insert shout out HERE for all of my new bff's in the 7th and 5th grade)

6. Just once, can I drive someplace to take MYSELF to go do something cool? I live in the car, but only see parking lots as I drop off and pick up. What goes on in those magical places we call buildings? Hmmmm. Must be fun

I think that is all for now, but then again, it is only mid November, and I am me, so don't think of this as the final list. That won't happen until around the 24th of December.

10 comments:

Dogmom Diva said...

This too shall pass..and then I guarantee you will miss it. well, most of it. It is nice to have your own make up, but then the only time I had problems was once time a lipstick sampler got in the dryer all over clean clothes and I know it wasn't me. Neither son has ever yet admitted to me who did that...maybe one day.
PS you know who to call for makeup girl...ME...we can set you up with new colors in a nice compact and hide it so its only yours...

Rebecca said...

I don't think I have laughed this hard in a long time! Only because I can seriously relate and commiserate! You crack me up, Kim! One day we will look back and laugh, and I am told by many that we will wish these days hadn't gone so fast. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about that! Thanks for the comic relief today! Do you think you could add my name along with yours on the wish list?

Chillygator said...

Ha! Great list. I read it to my mom and she agreed (well, at one point agreed as my sister and I are both adults now).

Foster Family said...

Laughed my head off!! Toilet paper is a precious commodity here, too. I think I'm asking Santa for bathroom time as well. At least a few minutes without someone banging on the door outside, or inside drumming on my knees. I seriously think that someone has sneaked right into both of our houses and stolen those blasted forks. Convinced...

Anonymous said...

My daughter, my daughter! Your great-grandma Bobbie once told me that "What goes around, comes around". Welcome to motherhood...and enjoy all of it, because it goes way too fast. I know our yard back home is full of silverware from the boys digging in the dirt...of course, my girls would never have done that! I loved your list, I had a list just like that when I was your age (except for the cell phone...back in the "old" days, we didn't have fancy schmansy stuff). And those buildings you were talking about...they're a whole new world!

dlkenney said...

Funny Stuff Kim, I think my list looks a lot like yours... Randy and I were laughing the other day, because a portion of our facebook friends are in 7th grade because we wont let a certain someone have her own account quite yet. We finally gave into the cell phone, since we don't live that close to the Middle School. My mom keeps telling me to enjoy it, because this is the beginning of the funnest times in raising kids.

Wendi said...

We have the same problem with the silverware. I hope you get lots of the items on your list! :)

Glenna & Kevin said...

Okay, so you have one more than me...but my wish list is almost similiar. although, each of our children have cell phones, because all three of my children go to three different schools. The oldest is busy with wrestling, the middle child is busy with talking to boys, and the youngest he just wants to skateboard, and hang out with friends...when will it stop, I think I would have to add that to please allow Kevin to be home a little more often, so I don't have to spend so much time in the car....I think I would also add more computer time since the kids have found facebook, I can't seem to get on the computer these days...all my time on the computer is late at night when the kids go to school.

I remember my mother giving me the curse that I would have children just like me, and when I did I would be tortured just like I tortured her...and let me tell you...it is so true!!!

Merry Christmas

Cardalls said...

so at least you are a cool enough Mom for them to want to borrow your shoes and makeup...impressive!

kristin said...

I am laughing so hard I am practically peeing my pants! And you know that's true cause after 4 kids I can't even sneeze without crossing my legs!!
My oldest is now wearing my stuff as well and I get text messages too. What's with that?? Kids can't call the house phone anymore? Am I that outdated? Sheesh.
Anyway, loved your list and if there's anybody deserving it's you. You're a great mom!