This is now in our front window...as if you didn't know to NOT smoke in our house :)
We are finally home from Dan's surgery. He had an umbilical hernia repaired. It was supposed to be a short outpatient thing, but ended up taking twice as long, then he hasn't been able to keep his oxygen levels up, so they kept him for pretty much the whole day. We are now home, but he is on oxygen for a few days...crazy! Even on oxygen he is barely into the 90's for his saturation levels. He isn't allowed to take the pain medication, because it is relaxing his body too much, so he is in a lot of pain, but thankfully sleeping. Advil is going to be his best friend this week! We are waiting for the oxygen company to drop off his big tanks and teach us how to do that, he was sent home with a 3 hour refillable tank that he can tote around, not that he is going anywhere anytime soon! We have wonderful friends who took the girls and made us dinner(thank you!!!) and Dan's mom rushed to the hospital from work as soon as things started getting crazy. She came home with us to help out. What a day!
*update we now have the oxygen, his lips are no longer purple, good thing!!!!
10 comments:
I guess I can't come over, then, since there are no sparks allowed. Well- that and the grease! Glad all is well and he is breathing again.
Crap, if you're not going to let me smoke I guess I can't come visit! I'm sorry that it didn't go exactly as planned, but hope he gets feeling better very soon. Can I bring you dinner tomorrow? Or Wednesday?
Hey Dawne- she'll say no so just tell her you are going to!
Oh I hope he starts feeling better soon! Hopefully by thanksgiving so he can enjoy all the yummy food. Let me know if you guys need anything. Speaking of Holidays, any idea if we are planning a Christmas party? Let me know and I will do whatever to help out.
Wow! You guys have the bad luck with your health situations sometimes! I'm glad the oxygen is helping. That is just no fun for anyone! :S
P.S. Three things: that sign really is kind of funny, we have the same cookie dough looking carpet that you do, and LOVE the flower pillow for miserable looking Dan. Hope he feels better soon! :)
Dan, you look so sad. I'm sorry things didn't turn out like they were supposed too! I've noticed both of you wait until we are out of the state and then do something medical! Glad your mom was there. Good time to rest and take it easy (for once). Every day gets better! Love you. Mom B.
I am so sorry that Dan had trouble.He needs some tender care and I know he will get that from all of his wondeful girls.We wish him a fast recovery.
What a bummer...especially on the no pain meds...poor guy! Hope he gets better soon!
Poor Dan! He looks miserable. I'm sorry he had some complications. Hopefully better soon. I think this is the ONLY time I've ever seen Dan not smiling. I find it very disturbing. Time for lots of movies & a huge Coke! We're wishing him a speedy recover.
Post a Comment