Sunday, September 20, 2009

klutzville...population 1

last monday I was running out to my friend Amanda's car to get to the school carnival. It was raining and I was of course in flip flops. I slipped on the top step of our front porch and landed 4 steps below on the landing. I jumped up and with all the adreneline I had made it up to the house into the chair, where I promptly passed out from the pain. I woke to Amanda trying to get me to come to, and on the phone with 911. I ended up with a good sprain on my ankle, and a prescription for Loritab.(YUCK) It hasn't been the most fun week, I finally made it up the stairs on Weds to shower and sleep in our own bed. I am finally able to walk around without the crutches or the big boot. I know it has been a long week when I am looking forward to cleaning the house and doing laundry. I'm also looking forward to getting back into my walking routine!

10 comments:

Wendi said...

Ouch! I'm glad things are improving now. :)

cherryl said...

i am so sorry! i don't think i have ever passed out in my life, that was probably really scary for your friend Amanda.

on a side note, don't you want to move to AZ and be our neighbor?? we are developing this street for custom homes with friends we know, we have 8, but want 2 more... pretty far fetched... thought i'd try! it would be fun! :)

erin said...

OUCH! Hope you are feeling better! One a side note to Cherryl's: If you ever move to AZ, it better be as MY neighbor. I'll fight her for you! Does that make you feel better? I hope so!

Cardalls said...

Yuck! Glad everything is okay and while you are excited about laundry and cleaning want to come over?

my4boys said...

Sorry to hear about that Kim, I am glad you are feeling better!

Kellie said...

Ow Ow Ow! Ankle Sprains are the worst! I am glad you are ok and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

You wait until I'm out of the state...then call me to tell me you passed out...all night I'm feeling guilty for not being there for you! I'm glad you're better. PROMISE...no over-doing!!! Sprains are horrible. Your little nephew just sprained his wrist for his 3rd birthday. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO DO TO ME!? I'm putting you in bubblewrap!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

SO sorry about you fall,I sure hope you recover real soon.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I keep reading about you and all your ailments!! Man, your freaking me out just a little!! Do you need me to buy you a padded suit to keep you safe?!?! :0)

We sure miss seeing you at dance!! Let's do a girls night soon!!
~Hugs~

DebLawson said...

Oh Kim!!! ouch!!!!


I have sprained my foot before, and it totally kills!
Sorry about your accident. ugh!!! like your life isn't busy enough without you getting hurt.... poor Kim!

hope it heals soon!