Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Seizure-free!!!


Bug had her visit with the neurologist yesterday. She calls him her "nice" doctor. NOT that her regular dr is mean in ANY way...but he is just so charismatic! Of course, every dr we have ever dealt with at Primary Children's Hospital has been incredible! Anyway, she has been seizure free for over 2 years now, so he wants to wean her off the seizure medication. She has a 98% chance of being seizure free now without medication...yea!!!! It is going to take about a month to wean her off the medication, but we are all so excited that she is healthy and doing so well! It was strange walking out of the hospital without a return appt. on our calendar, but I can get used to that very easily!!!!!! Yea Bug!!!!!!

8 comments:

erin said...

Wow! I must be having a really emotional day because this made me tear up a bit. I'm so excited and happy for you guys and especially for Bug! Wishing you guys only seizure-free days in the future! Yay!

Tara Lynn said...

That is such happy news! I love having her in my class at church, she is so sweet. :)

Amanda said...

Yay Bug! Such exciting news!

dlkenney said...

Congrats ... I remember when we winged Xander off of his seizure meds, it was exciting but scary at the same time. I am wishing you lots of luck for the future.

Wendi said...

Our daughter hasn't had a seizure since March, which has to be some kind of record for her. We're hoping and praying that it will continue. That's great news for you guys. :)

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Great news about Bug we wish her many healthy days ahead. Tell her that we miss seeing her.

Cardalls said...

That is wonderful news! Primary Children's hospital is an amazing place as are all the medical personnel who work there!

DebLawson said...

GREAT news!!!
Glad she gets to wean off her meds... awesome!