Tuesday, June 9, 2009
youth temple celebration
May 30th was the Oquirrh Mountain Youth Temple Celebration. We have loved every moment of being a part of that celebration. It took me a few days to recover from it. It was so uplifting, spectacular, momentous, incredible, that it was actually quite draining! On Sunday alone I took 3 naps! The youth really stepped up, and had such an incredible spirit about them. I was so impressed by how well they did. President Monson spoke to them before it started. I think that when he walked into the room, it hit them that this was no practice! The spirit in the Conference Room was real. We all felt it. This is actually very hard for me to write about, becuase everything I say feels so trite in comparison to the event. I still can't believe we got to play a part in this. I am going to miss being with the entire stake of youth every week, but I am sure the leaders are not going to miss getting emails from me every other day with new updates and changes!!! The saddest part about it all? I have no pictures of the actual weekend of events... THAT is how crazy busy it was! We had youth in the choir, as well as our stake having the polynesian dance. The haka was a hit!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good work, girl. Give yourself a huge pat on the back (or another nap might be more appropriate). I know you worked your buns off and it sounds like it was all well worth it. The kids had a great time and felt the Spirit. What a wonderful experience centered on the temple. Your kids will never forget this one. Kuddos.
It was fantastic! Being in something of that magnitude is just what the kids need. I remember the involvement and love I felt as a youth with dance festivals, music festivals and roadshows. It's a lot of hard work and so worth it. You put all you had into it and did a great job. I'm proud you're my daughter (eventhough I know stuff when you were their age :). Love you
Thanks for all your hard work you did a great job.This is something you will always remember.
Post a Comment