as you can guess by now, we took a little family vacation this past weekend. It actually started out as a family trip to see Dan's brother graduate. We had his graduation and my 20th reunion within two weeks of eachother, and had decided to go to the graduation, since the kids could see the cousins and we could see family. The day before my reunion we got an email saying he wasn't going to walk, and don't worry about coming down. It was too late to arrange a trip to Ca for my reunion (dang it!) so we decided to go on a family trip instead. We had already planned on staying with our good friends in AZ and spending time with them, so we decided to still go down, and just take our time instead of rushing. We stayed the night in Vegas, at Circus Circus. Crazygirl got to shop at her favorite store on the planet...Boot Barn, just south of the strip. She had been saving all of her money for this. In addition to playing with our friends, we went out to dinner with grandpa, which was so fun! We really surprised him! He said he was told we weren't coming down. We told him, "hey, we never said we weren't coming! We were just told there was no reason to!!"
We also popped in on Dan's Brother and family. I thinked we shocked them the most! We had a good time catching up with them and the kids had a blast playing Mario kart with their cousins. It was hard to say goodbye. We went to my cousin's baptism in So. Cal. (which I will post pictures of tomorrow), Then headed up through Vegas again to go home. We love road trips, and this one was no exception! We all now have the HSM3 soundtrack completely memorized, and Daddy got us addicted to listening to books on CD. We came home with enough inside jokes to last for the next year, so I consider the trip a huge success!!



4 comments:
Gotta love the Patton Museum....they have a nice clean bathroom (in the middle of nowhere) where I once changed Jack's diaper...No worries- it was way long ago. The boys like climbing the tanks when they weren't scorching hot. My kids have the trip between AZ and SoCal memorized by the landmarks. They PeeWee Herman Dinosours and windmills are other highlights of that scenic trip!
I love hearing about families having fun together like that. :)
Helooooo??? You do have someone else you know in Vegas??? What am I chopped liver?? Just kidding, you were busy I totally get it!
We have picture at the Big Boy Restraunt too! the kids loved him!
Post a Comment