Dancingqueen came home from School yesterday with a little brochure. It was from Health class where they were having the birds and bees discussion. It was the upteenth time she has heard this discussion, since at her old school they began teaching it in the 4th grade, and we as parents needed to jump on the topic BEFORE that.
This by far was the best literature though! We are getting tons of mileage out of it here. The front cover has a close up of a crotch with a padlock and steel chain belt. The title is "keep your pants on!"
There is no beating around the bush anymore! Love it! We have been walking around all day saying "hey...keep your pants on" everytime she turns around! Poor girl is going to stop bringing the stuff home to share with us. I think it needs to be made in vinyl...Amanda, can you get right on that? Thanks!
And if any of you out there are unsure of how to start talking to your kids about sex or are too embarassed?...I have the brochure to get you started! How's that for a friendly PSA for the day?
13 comments:
That's hilarious! :D
that's one thing I am glad that I wasn't raised in a modest family. Talking of puberty and sex were just part of everyday conversations, because is someone asked we got the answer. SO it has made it a lot easier for me to talk with my children. It was quite an eye opener when Randy started dating me, because his family is very conservative. Not anymore thanks to me and my kids.
that's so funny! hey, maybe I can borrow it for Sami...you know, it's getting close to that time... ;) (jk, of course)
SO funny! I think you have to talk to them early these days sad as it is!
Love it...I'm sure dancingqueen is mortified by now! Just think, you get to do this multiple times! Lucky you....
LOL and LOL forever!!! My the times have changed. I remember when they used to shove all of us fifth graders in the auditorium and turn on some frightening movie. Within 10 minutes you would here snickers or crying. Oh the memories...
Oh the memories. I am seriously so glad not to be that age.
I too have memories of attending these 'functions' with my mother. It was so embarrassing!!! I have to say that it's so refreshing to hear about abstinence! The world could do with another class on 'keeping your pants on.' Love it!
I will get right on that! Anyone else want one? I just asked Jerika for hers. They said to keep the pregnancy hotline card in case they or their friends ever needed it, can you imagine???
LOL! How embarrassing but the more embarrassing the more memorable at the right times!!
We have just been starting those conversations with Ali, at least more in the last few months than the reg easy answers, I would love to look at your phamplet!
I LOVE IT! SO FUNNY...so good they are sending this home...never too young...really.
Yeah, so I asked Brett if he got one and bashfully he said "Uh huh". But when I asked to see it he seems to have lost it. Hummmmm. Always love those talks!
Been there, done that a couple times..ah the memories..I had boys it was their dad's job. Guess he did ok, so far they are ok.
for your friend Amanda..never hurts to hang on to that informatin, you always think it won't happen to you, and hopefully it doesn't, but you might need that card for a friend..
Post a Comment