Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

In honor of my birthday week, which, by the way, I am invoking my right to have a birthday WEEK instead of a day, I am having my very first, numero uno, happy birthday to me giveaway!
I just subbed in Bug's primary class, and the lesson was on sharing. Since I feel that I have been extremely blessed in my life, I am going to put this CTR 7 lesson into practice and share with you...but you have to share with me first!
I want to hear your favorite birthday memory...big or small. De-lurk, I'm always looking for fun new friends. And all of my fun old friends out there, you had better leave a comment...pretty please with sugar on top?! This is what I want for my birthday, to hear from all of you!
So what am I sharing with you?
a $25 Target Gift Card...my favorite place to roam...just be sure and like what you get or keep the receipt, because their return policy BITES! (but that's another post...which could be better guest written by my sister in law!)
The random drawing will be done by my children at noon on July 31st, and the winner posted here.
So what are you doing still reading this? Get to posting people!!!!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to the Spa for a manicure/pedicure

luckydolls123[at]verizon[dot]net

Sarah said...

Wow Kim, look at you go, having giveaways on your blog! My favorite birthday was the first one after we were married and my hubby through me a surprise party and I had no clue! He even got a hold of my room mates and invited them down!

Sweet Pea and James said...

Kim, you are now officially my favorite blog read! (But it didn't take the giveaway to sway me...I was a fan well before now.) My best birthday was probably 2 birthdays ago when James gave me a day...all to myself. He took the day off of work, took the girls, and I did whatever I wanted for the WHOLE DAY! Poor guy...little did he know that would start a tradition that I would expect every birthday from then on! =)

Anonymous said...

Hey...I'm all about the birthday WEEK! It hasn't happened...but maybe you will start the tradition. I have heard of people that do that!! My favorite birthday was when I picked up the phone and had my kids and grandkids sing to me. It's hard being so far away now. You know Kim...we could go for a birthday MONTH!!! Love you, Mom

Sheri said...

Happy Birthday to the most giving person I know, this and sharing her free cafe rio salad, proves it! Brooks rented a cabin in ParkCity and the next day we picked up the kids and went to Lagoon. Long ago pre-Parker.

The Tucketts said...

My favorite birthday was when i was, maybe 10, who knows, I can't keep track of those younger years. Anyway, my wonderful parents had a surprise party in the works and I was totally oblivious. I was sulking, since I thought there was no party and I was sitting out side on the railing when i lost my balance, flipped back, and got my head stuck in the railing. Then I had a horrible headache and had to go with my dad to get some stupid pizzas, and when I got back all my pals jumped out and shouted "surprise!" which made my head feel even better.:) Sorry this is so long!
I, too, love your blog and wish you a very happy b-day week! How old are you? 23ish?

Dogmom Diva said...

This one isn't hard, or at least it's the one I remember at the moment, I must be having a senior moment..I digress..

My bestest day was when I had just started dating Uncle Carl, maybe a month or so, sweet thing that he is, he surprised me with FLOWERS delivered to me at work. We worked together and were trying to keep our relationship under wraps (which is very exciting but hard to do, lol). My boss, who was also his big boss, said to me, 'gee I wonder who sent you those? wink wink) Guess we weren't very good at secrets. THEN he put 4 new tires on my VW since they were almost bald and I was a poor single girl living on her own! And his generosity and love continues to this day, 32 years later, ah...

dlkenney said...

My favorite birthday is my 20th birthday. My first child (Jorden Lyn) was born on my birthday. She was due 4 days earlier, but my doctor said since I didn't want her to spend my birthday in the hospital, she would come on my birthday and to say the least he was right. So the delivery room was full of people and we had a big birthday bash in the delivery room with my family and Randy's family. Ever since then it has been Jorden's birthday.
Happy Birthday Kim !!!

Cardalls said...

I have lots of favorites because I love my birthday and I'm all about birthday week too. But I have to say my 12th birthday, roller rink, pizza and a sleepover with A LOT of drama! I also loved my 28th birthday because I had my first baby 6 days before.

April said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! My best birthday was when I got $$$ from my hubby and a day (without kids) to go blow it all! Good times, good times...

erin said...

Age 13 was pretty good: slumber party, the obligitory TP'ing of Chris "the babe" Starkey's house (that happened every w/e), going to see Xanadu- the greatest movie ever! 23 was good too: college roomies (including my favorite)gave me a suprise party...only bummer: they invited the wrong guy-Paul, not Carlton. The best was my 40th. Grant surprised me w/ a trip to Chicago. He gave me a box the day before w/ gloves, hat, long-johns & tickets. He'd even arrange for the boys and talked to the teachers about homework...boy is he good. BTW, I think the girl who got her head stuck on her birthday should win.

Cardalls said...

BTW--HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry I didn't say it before--my greed for the Target card clouded my brain!

Rebecca said...

Okay, just reading all of these comments should be the prize! They are great! I totally agree that Amanda should win for getting her head stuck in the railing on her birthday!! Anyway...I love birthdays, and my mom is the queen at making them special, so it is hard to pick, but the one I thought of when I read the challenge was my 16th. It was on a Sunday! How lame is that? I, too, thought that there would be no celebration given the day of the week, but my parents totally came through with an awesome surprise party with all of my friends--even the hotties from up in Gridley! Gotta love the folks!

Anonymous said...

Happy 29th!;) My funniest memory is from (I think) three years ago when Rebecca and Michelle hosted a little lunch/movie day for me and Michelle brought a Matthew McConaughey movie...until we realized that it was not sexy, hunky Matthew, it was bald, kinda gross Matthew...and it was a dragon movie. No comedy, no romance - but certainly a lot of laughter when the movie was over and we all said, "Well, that was...interesting". Still laugh about it to this day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kim!! K We finally have our own blog it is www.thefabulousfordham5.blogspot.com Now about the birthday memory, mine is my 30th birthday. It started off great. I had a bunch of friends who went out of their way to make it a special day. My hubby, however kind of forgot it was my birthday. Ya he told me later that evening (cuz I think he finally remembered after all the gifts from my friends)that he was going to take me for a day of shopping and pampering on Saturday with him and the kids. Saturday comes and we are headed out for my special day. When all of a sudden one of the kids starts to feel sick and ends up barfing all over the car. That was it our day out was over. We went home and took care of sick kids all weekend with me getting the lovely stuff the day before Thanksgiving (o ya my bday is that close to Thanksgiving.) And to top it off it dawned on my inlaws that they too had forgotten my bday so they wished my Happy Birtday as they passed around the food! what a memory!!:)

kristin said...

I just got back today! I'm not too late! Happy Birthday Kim- you always manage to put a smile on my face. And the whole birthday week thing, SO LOVE IT!!!!!! I may evoke that one come February.

Amanda said...

Ok Kim- my favorite birthday happened to be on a "Wednesday" ha ha, just kidding! When I was a kid my dad always used to take us on a "daddy-daughter date" for our birthdays. He would buy us a corsage and we would get all dressed up and go wherever we wanted to. Usually we ended up sitting in fast food restaurants in our Sunday best. Aren't dad's the greatest!

Boyack Family said...

Hey! It's nearly 2:30 (3:30 Utah time) and where's the winner? Slacker!! Aaww well, I guess it's YOUR BIRTHDAY! Haaapppy Birrrthday!
I bet I know your Mom's Favorite Birthday memory. . . You! - all bundled up in a nice warm baby blanket starring up into your new mommies eyes - aww soo cute!
(Guess you can't tell what I'm looking forward to - and hopefully soon :) - Love you! Have a great one! - Natalie

Dogmom Diva said...

ok ok ok who is the winner!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the comments! YOU HAVE WONDERFUL FRIENDS! Just remembered 2 birthdays ago...we were in Primary opening exercises. They called that weeks' birthday kids (and me) up and sang Happy Birthday to us. I looked at your dad and the look on his face was priceless...hmmm...I think someone had forgotten!! I got a big chocolate bar out of it from Primary and laughter from the teachers who also saw the look. Love, MOM