Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What moms REALLY do when the kids are at camp

Dancingqueen left for camp with her buds for a week. It's pretty cool, because it is girls from all over the region, just in her age group. She will be home for the weekend, then leaves again on Weds for girl's camp. What is a grieving group of moms supposed to do? After all, We actually have to watch the younger kids again, no more free babysitter (I tell her I would pay her, but then she would have to pay for her own cell phone bill...!!) no more having someone fetch the bonbons while we sit and watch our "stories"... It's been a long week, I tell ya! so, a little therapy was in order...

SPA PEDICURES
(can you hear the angels singing ?????)


nothing says, "Firstborn, I miss you", like going out with your own buds to get a pedi. I think I can make it til Friday now!


Disclaimer I don't actually watch "stories'...just in case you were wondering!!!!! I have enough drama in real life...don't need to watch it on TV during the day!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

And might I add, well deserved pecidures! Thanks for the adventure this morning!

kristin said...

I haven't had one of those in a year and a half! It is so very, very sad. I can almost hear my feet begging me, "take care of us!" So jealous!!!

Cardalls said...

Is she going to Brighton or Oakcrest? I was a counselor at Brighton one summer.

Rebecca said...

All that is missing is a picture of the hickie (is that how you spell it???? See what children do to my brain!) sporting Vietnamese spa guy! What were we thinking not asking for a photo op while we were there!!!

The Incredible Bulks said...

Lovely looking toes ladies! Good for you!!

Anonymous said...

Pedicures are cool! Sad to say I have only had one in my 58 years on this earth...and your sister paid for it on HER birthday! Well older sibling, now you know how I felt when YOU went to camp! (Only I didn't indulge in anything fun...I was too busy with the other 5). Glad you're having fun...you have great friends. Love you, Mom