Sunday, July 13, 2008

You need me to WHAT???

Have you ever had that thought that you will be having to do something that is not horrible, just not what you want to do? Then circumstances come up and you think you get out of it, but then the universe realigns and you end up doing it anyway? Yeah, me too. I have thought ever since we got on the bus after trek that I would be giving a talk about it. I even started putting it together in my head (don't mock me...I like to be prepared) Then we decided to go to Arizona for my awesome nephew's ordination. (and some pool time with my favorite roomie from college who I don't see nearly enough). Well, midway through the week, his ordination gets postponed. We thought about going somewhere else, but everything kind of fell thru. I knew that this was the Sunday for the trek talks, and knew I was in the clear, but still felt like I would be speaking, which is completly illogical. Sat evening, in the middle of Kung Fu Panda, Dan gets a phone call. He came back laughing. The Bishop needed someone to fill in, and since we were in town...
I saw our Bishop at a reception an hour or two later and asked if the ward would mind financing my chance to see the movie a second time, since I couldn't really concentrate on the whole second half. Actually, I have decided that this is the way to give talks. I don't stress about it all week and ruin everyone's good time. It was on a subject that was near and dear to my heart, so it was easy to prepare, and I'm pretty sure the Bishopric was just so glad to have speakers that they really didn't care if it was any good!!!!

7 comments:

Cardalls said...

Oh Kim--did you have stress diarrhea? Can you believe I just wrote that on your blog? HAHA!

Kimmy said...

heehee! That brings back such pleasant mission memories!!! Nothing like faking out the elders to give them guilt over a prank gone bad!

Sarah said...

I throughly enjoy your talk...it was easy and entertaining to listen to! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Your talk was great! I even heard some of it! Bet Sis. K was quite relieved to not have to speak as long after you.

The Incredible Bulks said...

Very good talk. I enjoyed it thoroughly!

erin said...

Whoa,so I read your title and was expecting something really exciting...maybe Dan being creative, not a reference to you church talk- which I'm sure was great! haha. Anyway, I better be the "Arizona friend" to whom you refered. Get down here soon!

Anonymous said...

You've always been good at yakking, so I know your talk was great. It's wonderful knowing that you can always be counted on in a pinch...that's a true pioneer strength and a wonderful attribute! Kung Fu will be a definite "purchase" so you can watch it over and over. (Bishop needs to make you cookies). Love you, Mom