Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy? 4th of July

We went to our hometown parade for the 4th. It was actually quite entertaining where we were sitting. We had a brawl almost break out right in front of us, then got flashed by the lady sitting in front of us when she went to adjust her camp chair and her shorts came all. the. way. down. HELLO! Then, the funniest thing ever, a Tuba player broke formation to say hi to his peeps (do tuba players have peeps? cause that would make him a tuba playa) A teenage groupie broke thru our little crowd to get a hug from him, and in their awkward excitement he NAILED her on the head with his tuba. It totally made a hollow ringing sound. Dan described it as the sound of her dignity hitting the ground...we couldn't stop laughing for like 10 minutes. In fact, I can't stop laughing now as I relive it in my head. It was Napoleon Dynamite awkward, which in turn made it that much funnier.



sweet nectar of the gods

This is a representation of what Dan takes pictures of when he has the camera during the parade. This, and every firetruck, hazmat truck and possible military vehicle.

So, halfway thru the parade we turn to find Crazygirl on all fours in the grass behind us, puking her brains out. Pack it up...we're going home!!!!!!!! We hung out at home for the rest of the day, with crazygirl napping, while daddy and the girls watched a marathon of Beach patrol. (like cops, only about lifeguards). Snore! After that family bonding we went to the fireworks at the city park, because crazygirl was feeling tons better. They were supposed to start at 10:30. (Supposed to being the key words, they didn't start until almost 11) At 9:45 I notice all of my girls are crashed. No one can ever accuse our family of being all night party animals

I wonder where they get it from...


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's hard to fit everything in...but because we're "supposed" to have fun and it's a holiday, we over extend ourselves. Glad Crazygirl is feeling better. DANIEL...you're supposed to be sluffing off the soda...remember! At least, the
4th of July was memorable! Love, Mom B.

The Tucketts said...

I feel your pain on those darn fireworks not starting on time! If you say they are going to start at 10:20, start them at 10:20. We had a fight break out at the fireworks. Good 'ol crazy drunk people!

Cardalls said...

Vomit can seriously ruin a holiday! Hope no one else gets it! I'm with you on traveling on the 4th, too crowded and crazy. Come to Vegas next year for 110 degree heat, but a great patriotic fireside!

dlkenney said...

Sorry you had to deal with sickness on the holiday. I love the 4th of july (parades, bbqs and fireworks).

kristin said...

Again Kim, I love reading your blog cause I'm just not sure what spin you're going to come up with!! That's so stinkin funny about the shorts!! We went to a parade as well, and this lady's skirt went up past her hiney. Me and Doug threw up our hands in front of our eyes to shield ourselves from all the raw footage. The fourth must bring out the fashion no-no's in people. sorry crazy girl got sick. that's no fun. Still laughing about the pics of the armored vehicles. Such a guy thing!!! You're so darn clever. Miss ya! Thanks for the laughs!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how eventful your 4th was! You guys get all the cool stuff happen to you (hee hee). We stopped going to the Hagan Park fireworks a couple years ago when they had the shooting and had to evacuate everyone, so for the past couple years, we just do our little piddely fireworks in the street out front of our house ... and we ALWAYS start on time!

Cardalls said...

so today at church i got flashed by a girl who stood up...her shirt somehow got pulled up her skirt was WAYYYY down and she was flashing some serious crack! where was the underclothing?? who the heck knows??? Geez people wear underwear at least to church! BLECH! (i hope i'm the only one that saw it, butt probably no chance of that)

McDevittClan said...

Why didn't you tell me you had such an eventful 4th? Hopefully my life will get some fun excitement when we move in:) If the girls are ever going to survive a slumber party, they need to learn to stay up past 9:)

LBP said...

Parades are the hub of awesome people. I love it!

erin said...

OK, so I'm laughing my butt off (well, not really, but I wish it was that easy) about the tuba incident! Hilarious! I will re-read that a million times when I need a good laugh! Thanks!