Thursday, July 17, 2008

sisterly love

We are in the process of consolidating our 4 girls into two bedrooms so my sister and her chidren can move in with us while my bro in law is in Iraq for a year. The basement isn't quite ready yet, so they are moving upstairs with us for a while.
As we were taking a walk last night, dramaqueen turned to me and said "mom, do you know what the best part about me moving in with dancingqueen is?"
No, what?"
"when she is having a sleepover...I can walk right in and ruin the whole party!" (insert self satisfied smile HERE)

Love at home, people, love at home
That is what our family is all about....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that Dramaqueen! She's got it all figured out!

dlkenney said...

sharing rooms is something they will look back on and have awesome memories to share of it. One year my mom got the great idea to put all 4 of us kids in one room. there was 2 girls and 2 boys ages 14-6 yrs old. We laughed and learned so much about each other that year. We would stay up all hours of the night talking and playing tricks on one another. good times

kristin said...

Why, that's our anthem at home. I sing it like Julie Andrews in Sound of Music. My children respond in kind with temper tantrums, fighting, bickering, and anything else they can possibly come up with. I so relate to this post!!! How seriously funny! I also just read the post before this and I must say that Dan is quite the MAN. I, however, cannot tie a cherry stem with my tongue, much as I've tried, though MY MAN can. But honestly, I'm the better kisser.

Cardalls said...

there is beauty all around...when there's NO ONE home! Sad but true sometimes :)

You are a good sister!

Sarah said...

Oh the memories that brings back of me and my four sisters....

Anonymous said...

The girls and cousins are going to have fun...hopefully dad can finish the downstairs soon so everybody can have a room, including your sis and her 3 1/2 little ones! You'll have good memories too this year, especially with a new little nephew to hold!

As for Dramaqueen...she's always thinking...look out sisters, I can see the smoke from here. Love, Mom

CJensen said...

Hey there Kim!! So fun that you found my blog!

What a funny story! Don't you just love what kids say???