Sunday, June 29, 2008

More trek fun

No trek is complete without the obligatory decomposing cow on the side of the trail. Check out the teeth on this thing. This was far enough into the trek that the girls barely even flinched when we walked by it. Now, seeing Bro. W.'s grandfather's finger that he carries around with him is another story...
These are the tents that we slept in. No floor. At all. Just us and the dirt.
Here's a few members of our stake presidency and some Bishopric pretending to be riffraff
Pony Express came riding in to deliver some mail...so cool!!!!
Porter Rockwell came to do a fireside devotional. Funny sidenote, he was introduced and we overheard some of the kids whisper to each other
"who's Porter Rockwell?"
"oh, he's that painter"
hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! no, not NORMAN Rockwell....PORTER Rockwell.

hmmmm, guess you had to be there.

2 comments:

dlkenney said...

looks like a lot of fun, I have always wanted to go on a trek...by the way this is Jorden's mom Daphne. Feel free to stalk my blog also.

Cheralyn said...

Hi Kim-
So, I'm a lurker on your blog, and finally had to post because we did one of these treks when I was a youth out here in CA, and it was so AWESOME! Seeing your photos brought back so many memories! Wheels getting broken, people getting sick, being covered in dust, including our teeth- fun times! I'm a little jealous though- we never saw a decomposing cow :) ~Cheralyn