Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dance Wars...or....Competition season has begun

First competition was this last weekend and we are so tired! Solos were on Friday night. Crazygirl, who gave up dancing on a team this year to pursue her dream of having soccer balls kicked at her face at warp speeds as team goalie got 3rd (yea!!!!). Dancingqueen and Bug both got queen and qualified for nationals in May (yea!!!)
I'm not sure where Bug was in this picture, probably trying to lug her trophy around to anyone who would look at it. Notice the size of it in Dancingqueen's arms? The thing is 3/4's Bug's heighth! This picture is taken around 11:15 pm by the way. And yes, we had to be back by 9 am the next morning for the team competition. See the cute tiara? Bug wanted to wear it to church today. I vetoed that, since the 4 sisters were the musical number for sacrament meeting. :)
All I asked for was for Bug to say cheese for the camera, during a break between dances. I think she is a natural born ham.
Here's Bug with her participation trophy for the team events. She is actually more excited about the granola bar she got from her teacher, and wouldn't put it down for the picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Girls. You are all so beautiful and extremely talented! I totally miss those days, and I don't think Russell will let me dress the boys up and toss them out there on the floor! Great job!

Anonymous said...

The girls did a fantastic job. They are all VERY graceful dancers and right on the beat! I thoroughly enjoyed watching and taping the dances. That was, however, a loooong day. They were on pure adrenalin...except Bug who fell asleep before getting to my house (all of a sudden it got quiet in the backseat). Loved it girls!!! Grandma B.