Tonight has been filled with lots and lots of music. Dancingqueen had her choir concert at school. They did a great job. Too bad I was annoyed at the family sitting next to me, who let their kids talk through the WHOLE thing. Everyone kept turning around and looking. they didn't even blink an eye. It even stated on the program to PLEASE remove your children if they are making noise. Now, it hasn't been that long since I have had noisy toddlers, and I have had, in the not so distant past pretty much every hall at church memorized from pacing with a cranky child. Just common curteousy. I can tell that I am going to be the cranky old lady at church in about 30 years. ANYWAY... Dancingqueen did great, she tried out for a solo and got the part (it actually turned out to be 5 of them singing together, so why they called it a solo...?) There were about 100 kids in the choir.
We then got to celebrate one of my best friend's birthday with her family and play American Idol pop star on the playstation. Yeah, there is a reason I am not in the ward choir, and everytime I get that little itch to go join (since Dancingqueen goes religiously every week) I need to see my score on this lovely little game to bring me back to reality! Good thing we were with friends who like us no matter how bad we sing!
5 comments:
All I have to say is LANDSHARK!
I hear you on the courtesy issue! I often take my cherubs out when they're acting up, and I guess you just suppose that everyone has the same common decency. But sadly, it just isn't the case.
Your kids are so talented! Love to hear about what they're doing.
Sorry, me again. I just realized when I saw your profile that the both of us have been blogging since January. I don't know why I find that so interesting. LOL! You have way more postings though. You go girl!
How funny Kristin! I think it is because I am using this as our family journal also, and trying to make up for 14 years of not being good at keeping one!
Maybe that's what this insatiable need to blog comes from- not journaling! It all boils down to guilt doesn't it? And really, it always works. Oh the shame! Though now I have to say that I've relaxed somewhat when it comes to blogging EVERYTHING. That or the fact that I don't have batteries in my camera right now, coupled with the other fact that it is still tax season. Will the sanity ever return?
Post a Comment