Some blogs are about rainbows and butterflies...ours is about our family, and we are all about keepin it real, folks. Sorry to all of you who were trying to eat something while playing on the computer, but I did warn you in the title!!!! This is poor Bug's big toe about 10 seconds before she FINALLY lost the toenail (thanks to a little help from daddy). The thing has been hanging on for 2 weeks now. Word of warning...it's never really a good idea to run barefoot in a church gym on Saturday mornings when there are swinging doors leading out to the foyer. "nuff said? I debated about blogging this, but this is my only version of family journalling right now, and this was definitely a moment for us...the whole family was gathered around to see her lose it, Crazygirl had the bandaid ready, Dancingqueen had the tissues for tears and snot and Dramaqueen had the moral support going. And of course mommy had the camera and lack of circulation from Bug holding on so tight. It was truly a team effort!Sunday, March 16, 2008
Weak Stomachs please go about your daily business and ignore this post
Some blogs are about rainbows and butterflies...ours is about our family, and we are all about keepin it real, folks. Sorry to all of you who were trying to eat something while playing on the computer, but I did warn you in the title!!!! This is poor Bug's big toe about 10 seconds before she FINALLY lost the toenail (thanks to a little help from daddy). The thing has been hanging on for 2 weeks now. Word of warning...it's never really a good idea to run barefoot in a church gym on Saturday mornings when there are swinging doors leading out to the foyer. "nuff said? I debated about blogging this, but this is my only version of family journalling right now, and this was definitely a moment for us...the whole family was gathered around to see her lose it, Crazygirl had the bandaid ready, Dancingqueen had the tissues for tears and snot and Dramaqueen had the moral support going. And of course mommy had the camera and lack of circulation from Bug holding on so tight. It was truly a team effort!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor Bug! I know how she feels. I have never broken anything, but I used to always bang my toes on stuff or have doors run over them and lose toenails. OUCHIE! Hope she is doing better!
BUG!!! Boy...losing your first tooth and your first toenail...but don't you feel better now?!!! Glad it's over...now you can play (just stay away from swinging doors). Love, Grandma B.
I love you keeping it real...now I could post my gall bladder photos on my blog (yes the doc did provide some after surgery)...that might be a bit TOO real. Toenails vs. gall bladder, i think we'll pass on posting the vital organs online--too much exposure!
Hi Kim!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's great to hear from you! You are so funny! And thanks for the warning about the toenail. It took me a sec to realize that's what it was. So sad and sooo gross! LOL And definitely blog it! It's called keeping it real. Your girls are getting SOOO big, and SOOO cute! Where did the time go? I'm definitely checking in to see what you guys are up to. Great to hear from you! This is Kristin Bassett by the way. Sometimes my profile doesn't work, and I never really use it. LOL
Ewwww...tell Bug auntie used to stub her toes constantly when she was a little girl...always had bloody toes...uh maybe my mom could have put shoes on me??? Glad it's getting better...no one tells us this gross stuff before we have kids, huh...
mmmuuuwwwahhh!
Post a Comment