Saturday, April 10, 2010

Crazygirl is back!

Crazygirl did her first real 5k today. We did one as a family last summer, but it wasn't timed. It was a pretty last minute decision, and she hasn't run since before her knee injury, so we weren't sure how she would do.
I don't know why we worried though, she did great! After the first mile, she was still in the top 20 overall, and ended in the top 40, 10th in the 13-15 age group out of a few hundred runners. She had to walk for a bit near the middle, due to her knee giving her some issues, so I am totally impressed she finished as well as she did! Highlight of course was seeing Cosmo!!!!!!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Crazygirl! Congrats on the knee feeling better and feeling up to a 5K. I'm so impressed!

Anonymous said...

You and your Aunt Kristy!!! Glad you're not afraid of trying new things!! We're proud of you...just don't overdo. I'm glad you walked when your knee started hurting...don't push it kiddo.

Looks like you had fun.

cherryl said...

if the scenery around me looked as beautiful as that pic of her running... I would run every day. Ok, so I am not sure I really believe this, that is like reason number 45 why I don't excercize. I am good at those.

Stacy said...

Sounds like she did great !!! Did you notice Scott and his sister are to the right of her in your picture. They ran it yesterday too.

Crazygirl said...

I thought that was scott..but wasn't sure! Didn't he win? Way to go!!!

erin said...

So glad she is back to doing things she loves!

Wendi said...

Congratulations to Crazygirl! That's really impressive. And I love the picture with Cosmo. :)