Thursday, April 2, 2009

YW Training

I just went downtown with my stake YW presidency to the training workshop put on by the General YW Presidency. WOW! I feel rejuvenated, excited, ready to go!!! There was some great advice given, as well as just the overall spiritual upliftment from being in the same room as all of these amazing women. And...nice to know...Sis. Dalton dines frequently at Cafe Rio. I always knew it was righteous food!!!! (of course we had to have lunch there after!) Today gave me a lot to think about, and I have some goals in mind that I want to reach for. We also went to the resource room in the RS bldg to get some good ideas for activities. It got a little crowded, so we decided to come back another day, and let those who traveled far distances have a chance to see it all. You could say it was nice of us, but the reality was, we were ready for lunch!!!! It was a great day...I am excited to share what we learned with our ward YW leaders.

6 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I'm glad to hear it was so wonderful. I'm about to leave to meet Liz for dinner and the training tonite! :) And yes, Cafe Rio is righteous food. No question about it!

Wendi said...

Which calling in the presidency do you have? I'm glad it was so inspiring. My mom said the RS one was inspiring too. :)

Cardalls said...

Dang...we were going to come up for it, but it just didn't seem reasonable to come up for a 2 hour training :(. Sounds awesome. And Cafe Rio is inspiring food...thank goodness we have one only 15 minutes from us :).

Wendi, Kim and I have the same calling...YW secretary cool huh?

Los Smith said...

yeah I second that Cafe Rio is righteous food! I love YW and all the things that I learn while I was there. I gotta say whomever gets a calling in YM its in for a spiritual treat!

Unknown said...

SO GREAT. Love to get pumped up by such amazing people.

Jody said...

Hi Kim - This is Jody Richael. I found your blog off of Patti Clawson's! How are you doing? I wish I could have gone to the training as I am our stake YW president! I'm dying to know what their topics were so I can pass them on to our YW leaders.

Great to see your blog!