Saturday, February 7, 2009
Friday night fun
We are starting a new tradition of making homemade pizza and watching a DVD on Friday night as a family. I got the idea from my friend Wendy, who gets 5 buck pizza and does the DVD thing with her husband and kids. It sounded fun to set aside a night specifically for it, and we love making pizza, so we tweaked it to fit our family! Dan and I go out together at least once a weekend, on a date or with friends, so this helps us to have a fun family activity on a weekend night. So far the girls have really loved it! We have only done it 2 weekends so far, but I find myself thinking through the week of different pizza possibilties to make! Suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
One of my kids favorit homemade pizzas are: we take raw tortilla shells put all the fixings on it and then throw them in the oven so we have pizza rolls with our favorite ingredients. We also enjoy them while camping cooking them in foil in the fire.
I'm glad our little tradition has found its way to your house and I'm thankful to be counted as your friend. :) Homemade pizza is a MUCH better idea and we do that occasionally as well. I will be so thankful when my kids outgrow their fixation with 5 Buck Pizza! :)
We do pizza every Friday night too! And it is usually followed up with a movie...sometimes a double feature...one for Dawson then one for us! It's fun! I made a BBQ chicken pizza once. Use BBQ sauce for the sauce then cheese, chicken, green peppers, onions...yum!
What a FUN idea. I love it.
We used to do pizza & movie Friday, too. It's a fun tradition. There are two variations we've done. 1) Make personal pizzas that everyone gets to choose their own toppings and make their own. 2) Make pizza pockets. It puts kind of a fun spin on it and helps everyone feel involved in dinner.
I just tried out a new pizza recipe this last week with the fam. It was sooo easy, and the kids loved it! You need two packages of Pillsbury Recipe Creations (they are just sheets of dough). Roll one sheet out on a cookie sheet to about 9x13. Put on whatever sauce and pizza fixings you want. We just did regular pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Roll out the 2nd sheet on parchment or wax paper to the same size. Flip it over and place on top of your creation. Press and seal the egdes. Brush top with a beaten egg. Sprinkle a little oregano and Parmesan cheese on top. Pop it in the oven at 375 for 12-15 min. Let it cool on rack for about 5 mins. Cut into 16 squares, and then cut squares in half diagonally. Serve it with ranch or pizza sauce to dip it in. Yum!!
Okay, so I'm catching up on blogs today, and I am finally off the floor after watching (and embarasingly enough dancing with) the girls You Tube video! Trenton even came in and watched part of it. LOVED IT! Too bad about bug ... she is so sensitive. Glad her friend is doing okay. Sorry, no pizza ideas other than just letting each kid take their own week and decide. Sorry!
i luv bbq chicken pizza too! it's da-bomb! we even throw corn on it for a veggie.
Post a Comment