Saturday, February 21, 2009

Acclimated

A few years ago, I would be talking to my mother in law on the phone, and would listen in awe as she would tell me the temperature where she lived. In Utah. I had never owned anything heavier than a jean jacket (darling by the way with a cute pair of khaki's...pegged of course since it WAS the 80's) but I digress... ANYWAY, I had no concept of cold, or of the true joy that spring brings...or hope. Because until one has lived through real winter, complete with snow, one doesn't understand why today I drove WITH.THE.WINDOW.DOWN. in 50 degree weather. and the radio up. LOUD. It's right around the corner...I can almost smell the sunscreen!!!!


p.s. to all of you realists out there...yes. I do know that we will most likely have more snow. Just let me have my moment. It's what gets me through the month of Feb.!!!!

12 comments:

erin said...

Hey, think we are coming to UT the 2nd week of March. Are you guys going to be around? Let's plan to party.

kristin said...

Oh Girl, do I EVER know what you mean! I grew up there, moved to Idaho for two years, (can you ever guess why???) and then back to the snow in Logan for two years. Yep, I've had my fill. Doug and I sometimes think of pursuing 'the dream' to live in Utah, but it just hasn't materialized yet. I just love the sun too much! If I had a golden idol it would be the sun. I love your comment about smelling the sunscreen!

eran said...

I too miss the jean jacket uniform of DO. I drove all day with the windows down. I even drove the atv across the muddy field in a t-shirt.

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

If you were still in CA you would be so cold at 50. But here in Utah I am looking at planting, come and look at my pansies they are in bloom. I love spring!!Really I can take any time of the year as long as the sun is out.Love the SUN!!

Wendi said...

Yeah, we have to enjoy these sunshin-y, warm-ish February days when we get them.! I'm glad you had your moment in the sun. :)

dlkenney said...

today was lovely and you can tell everyone was feeling the same way, because we went on a walk to the neighborhood park and we no lie passed more than a dozen other families doing the same thing... I love Utah weather, it makes you appreciate every little day

Chillygator said...

I drove with the windows down and my music up today as well! (I hope everyone on the freeway likes operettas because that is what the world was getting.)

And then I sort of thought it weird that when the seasons are changing from summer to fall, I turn the heater on when it gets less than 60.

Kimmy said...

haha! I do the SAME thing in the fall!

Wendi said...

Thanks for becoming our blog follower! :)

Anonymous said...

spring...SPRING...S P R I N G ! !
I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Too funny ... I think everyone is on the same page here! Bishop Laret was over just last night and we were talking about Utah vs California weather and how pretty it is to SEE and VISIT the snow but know you can come home to the sun in California. And, one of my flowering trees just started to blossom a couple days ago and I was thinking how close spring is ... my favorite season! Enjoy your nice weather!

Cardalls said...

I so miss Utah springtime! We do not get the lovely spring flowers here and I am SO SAD every year. Tulips and daffodils are my faves..so those of us in the sunshine miss utah spring! although not the snow so much...