Pregame psych-out poses between the families, notice we are in jean shorts and dance clothes? That's called reverse psychology, people...we wanted them to think that we really didn't put hours and hours of practice and stratagy into the game.(okay, so we didn't, but the girls sure stratagized a lot!)
Obviously we all survived, since you are now reading my blog about it...Some VERY UNFLATTERING pictures were taken by dear, dear friend, which she will delete immediately from her camera's memory...right????!!!!! Because I know where you live...We had a blast! We played two 20 minute halves. We were ahead by one at the end of the first, then they came back and scored two back to back at the beginning of the 2nd. Crazygirl answered that with another goal for us. At the end of the second half we decided on a 10 minute overtime. We both scored again, and at the end of the 10 minutes, decided not to go into 2nd overtime...much to the dismay of the kids. Dan wants you all to know that one of those goals was his all powerful cornershot that curved right into the goal. Even David Beckham is jealous of bending it like that!!!! (hey, it's my blog and I can tell the story how I want to!!!!)
We ended up all buying our own ice cream at Artic Circle.
It actually shocked us both how evenly our two families were matched...that made for a much more exciting game!!! We had a blast, and hope to do it again soon!
After the game the kids decided to make up and be friends again...until the next gauntlet gets thrown down
See why we get along so well? We are both raising a bunch of coneheads!
3 comments:
Looks like it was fun. Great memories for the kids. Sure glad my girls and daughter aren't competitive. Sooooo, had any Motrin lately??? Mom
Congrats on making it through the game with no blood, asthma attacks, hurt feelings, etc.! Oh, and I just caught up on your blogs ... congrats to bug and her ginormous trophy! And, I just saw your tag, so I'll get right on that (maybe as soon as Sheila does! - hee hee).
You guys have so much fun- I love it! Glad that there were no broken bones. Too bad there wasn't any ginormous trophies! Tell Dan congrats on his goal! You are awesome!!! Should we take a poll to see how long it takes Sheila to do the tag? I got dibs on 2 weeks.
Post a Comment