Okay, so here is the background to the story...
Today I went to the store with dancingqueen to get a little valentine's goody for her crush. Something that says "I like you", but not "I'm desperate". While there, I decided to get Dan's gift also. Once home it was put in a grocery type bag and put very nonchalantly into the pantry to hide on a top shelf.
Here's the conversation between Bug and Daddy when he got home tonight:
Bug: "Daddy look, mommy got you something in here..."
(mommy shaking head desperately behind daddy's back)
Mommy: "no, there is nothing in there for you, I think she's crazy!"
Bug: "No mommy, REMEMBER? The orange th....
(gets cut off by mommy)
"Oh yes, daddy already knows we bought oranges"
Daddy: "So Bug, come give daddy a hug and tell me all about it, so you say it's orange..."
Bug: "and a rectangle!"
Mommy: "oh, you mean these wafers? yes, daddy knew about those too!" (point emphasised with second evil glare in Bugs general direction)
Bug: "Oh, don't worry mommy, I won't tell him about the OTHER orange rectangle thing you bought for his secret Valentine's present!!!" (Bats eyelashes and throws her arms around daddy's neck)
"I love you daddy!"
And so our house goes yet ANOTHER year with mommy being unable to surprise daddy for Valentine's day!
2 comments:
I want to know what it is...am I dumb? ;)
Went through the same thing...Bug's cousin was over when I was signing grandpa's valentine card that plays music. He walks in and "cousin" is opening/closing, opening/closing this card...of course, all you hear is this great musical number. She runs to grandpa explaining how grandma got this great...(her mom is trying to shhhhsh her). Then she says "grandpa you can't go in there...grandma is signing your special card". She came in and signed card also and gave it to grandpa. She was so excited. It's a family thing. Love, Mom
Post a Comment