Friday, December 19, 2008
Let it snow!
When we first moved here it was in the middle of winter. I had a love/hate relationship with the snow. I was enthralled by it. We lived 2 hours away from snow and only saw it in short sporadic spurts before. I was scared to death of driving in it. I would get sick to my stomach and cry a little if the roads were slushy. Then, one random day, I was driving my girls somewhere and it hit me that it was snowing...hard. I didn't even realize it. That's when I knew I would be okay. Now I still complain about the snow. I think there should be rule that it can only snow during Christmas break and maybe a little while they are off track. But a part of me LOVES it! I love to watch it fall, I love how pretty everything is with a layer of fresh snow on it. I love that Christmas looks like Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm living vicariously.....I'm imagining that beautiful snow. I remember my first real snow experience (I had seen snow before, but never lived where it snowed). We were at BYU- first storm and it snowed a ton. I never knew snow was so QUIET- I mean it was so peaceful and it made everything seem still, quiet and magical! Granted- I never had to shovel it! Have fun and throw a few snowballs at Dan for us!
I love snow and miss it this time of year, I also love how ti makes everything so peaceful and magical during a snow storm. Although we did have a little snow ourselves this week. Even got a snow day...no snow on the ground and sunny skies that day, go figure!
I love snow, that is one reason why we never excepted the job offer Randy got out of state, because we didn't want to give up our Utah weather
Post a Comment