Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm Done

I can't believe it...for the first time in 15 years of marraige, Christmas is shopped for, wrapped and put under the tree. It's not even 3 a.m. Christmas morning, people...which is when Dan and I usually get to bed after putting together toys and bikes and what-nots. I. AM. DONE. I am so finished that I even cleaned the mudroom. I cleaned off our dresser(which is a catch all) Dan is going to think there is something wrong, that he is maybe at the wrong house. Everything is baked. The reindeer food is made and ready to be sprinkled on the snow out front on Christmas Eve. My sister and her family left today to go to her in laws for Christmas, so there is nobody extra here. The girls are happy and not arguing. Their rooms are even clean. I am just kind of wandering around aimlessly, taking it all in. So this is what it feels like to be uber-organized for Christmas. It feels...boring! I think I like it!

10 comments:

erin said...

It must be a freaky Friday type of deal- we seemed to have switched bodies this year. I AM NOT done today and will have a ton of baking, and 100% of my wrapping still to do! YUCK! I hate this feeling. Too busy to enjoy! Go make yourself a mug of hot chocolate and curl up on the couch to watch a movie! Merry Christmas!

Wendi said...

Congratulations on your uber-organization. I am SO not organized. But I HAVE been blogging. Thanks for the comment you left.

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Way to go!! You will so enjoy Christmas being ready, enjoy it now it may not happen again. Merry Christmas to all of you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!! You're my idol!! I;m so NOT ready again this year. Funny thing is my shopping has been done for a week. I'm just a slacker when it comes to the wrapping. It's on my must do list for tommorrow morning. Let's hope I do better next year!! LOL :0}

Cardalls said...

Way to go...I am so done and am buying (GASP) Rhodes rolls for our dinner tomorrow night!

Anonymous said...

So, what time will you be at my house?

I could use some uber-organization!

Congrats and Merry Merry Christmas!

dlkenney said...

Merry Christmas ... Doesn't it feel great to be able to sit back and enjoy the celebrations. Randy and I try to have everything done by December 1st, so that we wont be so stressed all season... but this year we got behind and just finished last weekend. At least it isn't the day before.

Rebecca said...

I am so impressed! Hope you guys really enjoyed the holidays!

Dogmom Diva said...

Kim, when we get moved will you come help me unpack and organize..you are my girl!
I hope you had a great Christmas, we sure miss seeing you and the girls...give me a call when you get some down time and we can catch up..love you
Auntie

Mostly Jessica said...

Merry Christmas!