Sunday, October 10, 2010
Hayley Update
I am home early from church with H. She is not doing so well today, only made it through most of Sacrament meeting. Last night she threw up a little bit and there was some blood. Not much, but still... They have upped her prednisone again (drat!) and doubled the two stomach medicines she is on. She is now on the highest dose for adults. We will see if that helps. Friday at the dr her oxygen was at 88. At 87 her dr admits to the hospital for supplemental o2. What a roller coaster ride! Her good moments are starting to happen, and getting longer, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Her iron levels are low, so the dr told her to eat more red meat. That is normally not a problem for our little carnivore, but lately she hasn't had much of an appetite for anything! The jaundice looks a little better, and we are glad the mono is gone. Now if we can just get her nosebleeds down from 4 or 5 a day to just 1 or 2, we can concentrate on her HSP, which is the dratted disease that started this whole mess! I wish I could take away the stomach pain, I think that is the worst of this all for her. That's why they doubled the meds, but so far it's not helping. Where is House when I need him?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kim, I am wondering should she be out and about with all the germs out there..I know her immunity must be low, I have to be real careful during times when lots of folks congregate also flu season..I can't risk the flu...just wondering and wishing she felt better:(
love
Auntie
No fun!! I'm so sorry she has to go through all this. At least she has a nice mom to hang out with. :)
If I had to be stuck in the house all day you are one person I would love to hang with...you make everything more fun :)
Post a Comment