Friday, August 14, 2009

Parker's Posse

A few months ago one of Bug's best friends was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. You may remember the post of her lying on the couch sobbing...
Anyway! There is a "walk for the cure" for the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) on Aug 29th. It is a 5k and our entire family is participating on his team. It is obviously a fundraiser, and we are trying to raise a bit of money to help. If you would like to help, or have just always said to yourself "hey, I would pay good money to see that Foster family do a 5k" then this is for you! Click on the link below and you can donate ANYTHING!
http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=87384421
We were so blessed with tons of support when Crazygirl was diagnosed with Kawasaki's disease, and hope that we can return the favor to Parker by helping to raise money to find a cure for Diabetes.

5 comments:

Wendi said...

I looked up Kawasaki disease on the Internet. Has that caused any lasting complications for her? Good luck with your Walk for the Cure. That's great that you can support each other like that. :)

dlkenney said...

I also was curious about Kawasaki Disease, I would have never have known she suffered from something like that. I love these walks for cures. Our family participates in the MS Walk because my sister was diagnosed with MS a few years ago. Good Luck on your walk, I wish we had some extra funds to support you guys.

Kimmy said...

the only lasting complication she has had is arthritis in her leg that flares up a couple of times a year. SHe had quite a few EKG's the first year after the transfusion to check for anyurisms, and now only needs one every 3-5 years. :)

eran said...

My wife Hanna has Type 1 Diabetes... My good friend and guitar teacher has Type 1 as well. His Band will be playing at the event Hanna and I will be there as well.

Eran

Kimmy said...

Hey Eran...look for us! I'll keep an eye out for you. It would be so fun to see you and meet your family!!!!!