Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Pinkeye Pete strikes again
What adult in their right mind gets conjunctivitis? OH wait! Me. I have survived being the parent of 4 children. All have gone through or are currently in the Elementary school system. All have at one point or another in their lives gotten the dreaded pinkeye. No problem...I'm the mom, I see, I treat, I move on. Have I ever had it before, you ask? I'm sure I have... but I don't remember, and I have a VERY good memory, which means not in my adult life. So how did I get said pinkeye? I have NO FLIPPEN CLUE! That's right, not one of my children have it, no one I know has it. But wait, I thought it would be fun to get a side job at the school, one with no major side effects...except this. This is the 2nd time I have had it in a month. SO help me I am going to spray down every child and doorknob that comes within a 10 foot radius of me at work tomorrow. This is war!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
AAAHHH...the dreaded pinkeye! Being a past "school worker", I can attest to the multitude of friendly germs that fling themselves onto your body when you're not looking. It is a highly contagious little critter. I would definitely have wipes for each child as they come in...kinda like nursery school. After all, isn't school all about sharing??? (by the way...you had pink eye when you were little!) You know what they say...what goes around, comes around. Love you, Mom
OUCH! Adults aren't spose to get that stuff...but your mom is right..those little germies just flaunt themselves onto your bod..if pinkeye is all you get consider yourself lucky. I also vote for wiping each kids hands down at the door when they come in. I love those wipes.. did you get some drops from the dr. its so painful...do you have to call in sick? I can write you a note:)
What a goober (literally). I feel your pain. I do remember getting it as a kid, especially in junior high when everyone shares their cheap make-up after gym class. I feel so sorry for you ... my eyes were literally watering (hopefully not itching) as I read this post. Hope you feel better soon.
Did you get over your pinkeye?? you haven't posted for a while girl. You guys do need to come down here before we are gone..in n out comes, home we go. Hopefully thats how it will work! love u
I got pinkeye about 9 years ago while I worked at a preschool. I got some drops and put them in thinking they would help...well turns out I am allergic to sulfa and they made my eye swell so huge it was swollen shut for a couple of days. I can empathize with the pinkeye, it is nasty!
Post a Comment