Monday, September 13, 2010

summer catch- up

WOW! Has it really been this long since I have posted anything? I am home today with Hayley, waiting for the Dr to call with lab results, so I will do a quick catch-up, to fill you in on why I haven't been blogging so much lately (although all of it is more blog-worthy than most anything I have ever posted!!)
-our washer flooded. No big deal, except it is UPSTAIRS. It flooded the top floor, the main floor and the basement.
-2 weeks later, Dan was teaching V how to pull MY car into the garage, spooked her a bit and she hit the gas instead of the brake, burying my car into the mudroom wall. Yes, we now have homeowners insurance on speed dial.
-Because of beforementioned events, I now have all new beautiful laminate wood flooring and new carpet in my house... :)
-LOTS of pooltime this summer...as in EVERY DAY. With my house torn up all summer we spent as much time as possible not in it.
-SNOWBIRD for my 40th birthday. Dan surprised me with a weekend getaway. We had a blast hiking all over the mountain and relaxing.
-My children started 10th, 8th, 6th and 3rd grades...crazy!
-after 4 days of school, H got some weird disease, and has so far had two stays in the hospital, and we are still fighting it. Most normal people who get HSP have a mild case and it goes away on its own, but we like to do things all the way in our family!
I will try and post pictures soon, because I DO have them of all of these fun events, but I need to download the program onto my new-to-me computer, and that might take awhile!!

5 comments:

kristin said...

Good grief. I shake my head in awe.
This is the stuff that keeps life from getting too monotonous:)

Anonymous said...

What a way to get new flooring! A simple, "Hey hon...what about new flooring?".

Feel for V. I remember my first meeting w/another car on my first night out. Church parking lot...girlfriend's car. Dad was very understanding.

I admire Hayley. She was such a trooper in the hospital w/all the med students poking and prodding. I pray every night that results will be good. LUV YOU PUMPKIN!!!

erin said...

What a summer! Time for a long winter's nap it seems. Good to see you back to the blog. Here's hoping you'll have lots of stress-free, happy posts in the near future! Our love to CG. Hope she's up and taking names on the soccer field soon!

Stacy said...

Let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you guys !!! Hang in there and know that we love you...

Wendi said...

We got new laminate in our kitchen when our dishwasher flooded too. At least there's some kind of reward for that kind of huge hassle! Happy belated birthday to you! And I sure hope your daughter gets feeling better sooner than later. :)