It has been so long since I last posted!! So much has been happening, I will post tons of pictures later, but here is a rundown... We had a HUGE party for my mom's 60th. It was so fun, and so many friends and family came from around Utah, Arizona and Ca. We were sad that 2 of my brothers couldn't make it at the last minute, but with crazy work schedules and the cost of coming from out of state, we totally understood!!!! My sister Kristy and her family stayed with us this weekend, as well as my best bud from Ca, Heather, who I have known since 2nd grade and her family. We had a fun buffet dinner and a polynesian dance show, then dancing. I loved the venue we had it at, Noah's in So. Jordan. One of my girls will have to have a wedding reception there...she doesn't get a choice!
We have been busy swimming and enjoying the summer that finally decided to show up (since it rained all of June). There are a ton of fun activities planned for the rest of the month with all of the cousins, and we can't wait to spend as much time with them as possible.
Thanks to everyone for your concern over my weird passing out and concussion experience. I found out I have slightly high blood pressure from this whole experience, so am now on meds, but the first group was HORRIBLE and I had a every side effect. He switched me, and I feel great except that I can't fall asleep. AT ALL. So now I am so tired I feel I am going crazy. I have another appt Monday. I am ready to go off of everything and be back to feeling like myself again. That has been the only damper on this whole fun time with family!!!!
6 comments:
The party for your Mom was wonderful what a great place Noah's is to have a good time and the food was soo good!!The dancing was a hoot especially when everyone got up and tried to do a dance for the very first time.We had a great time and just love your parents.
I have insomnia a lot. And the best thing I've ever taken for it is Advil PM--normally 1 tablet is all I need. You can buy a good size bottle for about $16 at Costco. My doctor recommended it over other sleep aids and it has been so helpful. Hope you get some sleep soon! :)
Thank you Kim for helping your dad pull the party off and for LYING TO YOUR MOM for all these months. I'll overlook it this time! It was a great party. I know your dad is glad it's over...I'm sure you are too (we'll have to party again sometime soon - everyone had a ball). LOVE YOU! Mom
So bummed that we missed it, Kim.
If Gene had been here, we would have gone. I've been so sick with pregnancy stuff that I just can't do much these days, so if he had been home, we would have been able to get there. Let's just blame him, k?
Glad to hear the party was a huge success. I would have loved to have seen Heather and Kristy and everyone else. Happy birthday to your wonderful mother!
You guys are gonna be super busy, I bet we need to wait until school starts back up before getting together, huh?
So glad you are back to posting! Hurray. Didn't realize your mom was turning 60. I'm sure the pary you planned was fab. BTW, I looked up Noah's (cuz with that recommendation, how could I resist). I'm thinking one of your girls has to have their reception at night on that patio. It looks great in the pics with twinkle lights.
Wow sounds like a fun and jam packed life! Sounds like such a fun party for your Mom! Can't wait to see you guys next week!
Post a Comment